Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO PCG-5G2M Webcam not Working!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
daniel.randle
Visitor

VAIO PCG-5G2M Webcam not Working!

Hi!

I have a VAIO PCG-5G2M! I bought this laptop a while back and ever since I have had it, the webcam hasn't worked. It was originally on Windows XP but have recently installed Windows 7 on it. But no matter how hard I try it just won't work! I also don't seem to have the Serial Number on the bottom so I can't connect SONY directly! Any help would be really appriciated! Thanks!

++ Whenever I use something that requires a webcam, it says webcam cannot be found! It's just really annoying me! Just hope someone can help!

Message was edited by: daniel.randle

Message was edited by: daniel.randle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Daniel.randle,

The webcam not working could be due to a hardware problem or possibly you don’t have the correct driver installed. What is listed in Device Manager under Imaging Devices?

You should find your serial number either in Vaio Control Center or the BIOS.

Also you will need the correct Vaio model number. PCG-5G2M is a chassis reference and you may find that it is a VGN-CR series – have a look on the lower right of the screen surround.

Given the correct product model number someone may be able to help further if you get no joy from support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Daniel.randle,

The webcam not working could be due to a hardware problem or possibly you don’t have the correct driver installed. What is listed in Device Manager under Imaging Devices?

You should find your serial number either in Vaio Control Center or the BIOS.

Also you will need the correct Vaio model number. PCG-5G2M is a chassis reference and you may find that it is a VGN-CR series – have a look on the lower right of the screen surround.

Given the correct product model number someone may be able to help further if you get no joy from support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
daniel.randle
Visitor

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

daniel.randle
Visitor

Thanks Rich! With your help I found the software and it now works!

Can't thank you enough! Cheers! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re very welcome Daniel:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat