Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Pocket is good, but.......

Thorin
Visitor

Vaio Pocket is good, but.......

Hallo there are view points, which I dont like at my vaio pocket:
* there is no possibility to use it without the docking station to connect it with a PC* (thats bad)
*the picture viewing is to slow and a picture overview had been a must, because I have to click from one picture to an other, to get this one I want to have*
......and my old story : where are the accessoires like for the iPod ( iTrip, pockets.......)
Thorin

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Nice guide nemo.

Automan
Visitor

I shall try a photo transfer on battery power.
The manual does however state this should be done on mains power and I will still have to obtain a cable that will plug direct in if I don't want to carry the cradle.

Kee-Lo,
I do have a 40Gb IPod but not the card reader.
Reviews I have read say it is very slow and I have a six megapixel camera.

I have also had several minidisc recorders (since the very first one).
Also Sony NW-HD1, Creative JB, JB3, Muvo2, Rio Riot and a couple of Sony Atrac CD players.
And lastly the 40Gb and 80Gb Sony CD/HD deck

And I out of all of them I would say except for battery life IPod performs the best.

Also what I don't like about IPod's is the colour and no in-line LCD remote control.

I do note now they are making some availble in colours other than white.

Automan.

@Automan:

-wrong! U CAN transfer photos from DigiCams without main power!
-i tryed myself with the DSC-V3 and it worked (altoght kind bit of slow)
-also if u get the proper USB-Cable u don´t need the cradle.
-some USB-cables from Siemens PocketPCs may work (i.e. Siemens PocketLoox 410 has the same connector).

Áll other complains may/can be corrected via firmware update.

Regards,

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I haven't used the Belkin addon, but some people have said it is handy

bert46
Visitor

VORSICHT

Habe mir auf Grund des Tips von nemo66 2USB Kabel Siemens Loox 410 bestellt.
Der Anschluss passt überhaupt nicht (ist viel zu breit).

Jetzt habe ich 2 teure Kabel rumliegen welche ich nicht benutzen kann.

Fazit: wenn man hier im Forum Tips anbietet, dann sollten sie schon stimmen, sonst hat man wie in meinem Fall, Geld zum Fenster hinausgeworfen.
Sehr ärgerlich!

Bert46

Thorin
Visitor

Hallo, um den nemo in Schutz zu nehmen, du hast sicher den Kassenzettel...umtauschen.....2 Wochen internet Rückgaberecht......oder verkauf es im ebay....und wenn du ein Kabel hast das paßt gib Bescheid...drum prüfe wer sich ewig (ver)bindet....ob sich nicht noch ein anderes Kabel findet...:smileygrin:

Gruß Thorin

bert46
Visitor

Hallo, um den nemo in Schutz zu nehmen, du hast sicher den Kassenzettel...umtauschen.....2 Wochen internet Rückgaberecht......oder verkauf es im ebay....und wenn du ein Kabel hast das paßt gib Bescheid...drum prüfe wer sich ewig (ver)bindet....ob sich nicht noch ein anderes Kabel findet...:smileygrin: 

Gruß Thorin

@Thorin

was willst Du nemo in Schutz nehmen, er hat in jedem Fall eine falsche Kaufempfehlung verbreitet und die ist mit Ärger, Kosten und Umständen verbunden. Der Händler verweigert die Rücknahme, wäre Sonderbestellung gewesen.
Ausserdem teile mir doch bitte mit wie Du ein Kabel prüfen willst, dass nur auf Bestellung lieferbar ist.

Jedenfalls werde ich hier nur etwas mitteilen, was ich auch ausprobiert habe.

Bert46

nemo66
Visitor

@bert46

Sorry for the inconvenience, in fact it´s my fault that i don´t wrote the whole thing about it.
The USB-Cable i used was from a GPS-Bundle with Loox410 (LOOX415) and a Sony GPS-Mouse.
Maybe the normal USB-Cables supplied with the LOOX may not work, i will try to test it and post here.
Sorry again.
[:">]

clubuser
Visitor

@Automan:

-wrong! U CAN transfer photos from DigiCams without main power!
-i tryed myself with the DSC-V3 and it worked (altoght kind bit of slow)
-also if u get the proper USB-Cable u don´t need the cradle.
-some USB-cables from Siemens PocketPCs may work (i.e. Siemens PocketLoox 410 has the same connector).

Áll other complains may/can be corrected via firmware update.

Regards,

Hey Nemo,

i have just ordered a Pocket Loox cable which is really cool. But i do not know where you get the idea from that it fits with the VAIO pocket.

Can you please verify your comment about the same connector???
Maybe it has the same colour but that's about it.
BR
CU

clubuser
Visitor

...ah okay sorry did not read to the end.

Looking forward to hearing your NEWS.

BR
CU

nemo66
Visitor

WARNING!!!

Just tried in the shop a SIEMENS LOOX 410 supplied USB-CABLW with the Pocket Vaio.
It does NOT FIT !!!

The otherone was maybe a special bundle GPS cable...looking forward to get more tech info.
Stand by.