Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Pro 13 fan noise + heat issues

Sgate69
Explorer

Vaio Pro 13 fan noise + heat issues

Hello

I've had my Vaio Pro 13 (SVP1321C5E) for a while and I'm wondering about the ***** fan noise. Is it quite normal that during regular web browsing CPU temperature goes over 50C and the fan is really really loud? Might have to return the machine unless there's a solution for this... the noise is just too annoying. I've also checked that there are no processes using the processor too much than the web browser. I've been trying to live with this but in a quiet room it's just too much.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
nevrozel
New

It might help if you go into Vaio Control Center app > Power & Battery > CPU and Fan and select Silence profile. You could also set the Power Plan (on the same page) to Power Saver.

Tell me if there is any difference in fan behaviour. I am still experiencing with the settings.

Black.Dave
Explorer

I too have this problem- trouble is, I hace tried to download the update that would likely fix it and vio support does not recognise my laptop model... If I were neare where I bought it I would have returned it already! So annoying and vio human support is almost nonexistent!

Atreyu83

Same problem here and still haven't found a solution.

My model is SVP1322C5E.