Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Pro 13 screen auto-adjust issues

SOLVED
1981tom0
Explorer

Vaio Pro 13 screen auto-adjust issues

Hi,

I've been trying to disable the automatic adjustment of the screen brightness but I have not managed to disable it.

I have tried the following:

1. Disabling vai the Vaio Control Center - Image Quality - Display Brightness - Turn off auto adjustment

2. Disable the windows service Sensor Monitoring Service

3. Tried to use the Power options advanced settings to disable, but there isn't the option for removing auto-adjust. I have set the power scheme to never dim the display.

After all of the above, I am still experiencing automatic adjustment of the screen's brightness. It is most evident when switching between the Metro UI start screen and various apps, but also happens when in desktop mode. 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Don't know if you guys figured out a solution to this autoadjustment of screen brightness but I found that the main culprit is the Intel HD Graphics properties. If you access the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, then Power, then set Display Power Saving Technology to OFF.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Slimb0y
New

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue as you described.

t seems that changes done through the sony control center take no effect.

Please tell me if you already found a solution.

Thanks

Slimb0y

1981tom0
Explorer

No solution I'm afraid.

SHumayun
Explorer

Yep, I also have this and have tried all the options you list without success. I don't mind auto-adjustment: it's just on the vaio it is so crude and jerky. On my wife's macbook air it is so gradual and subtle you barely notice it but on this thing it hurts my eyes. 

The only thing I find that helps, but doesn't completely resolve the problem, is changing the power plan to high performance. This seems to lessen the amount of dimming. There is a hit to battery life however.

profile.country.GB.title
nlwebby
New

Hi

I was also experiencing the jerky adjustment and finding it really annoying.  Thanks to tom for his post i found the of switch and then experienced the same problems.

I tried restarting my machine and that seems to have resolved the problem.

Hope this helps you guys

Regards

nlwebby 

Don't know if you guys figured out a solution to this autoadjustment of screen brightness but I found that the main culprit is the Intel HD Graphics properties. If you access the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, then Power, then set Display Power Saving Technology to OFF.