Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Pro 13 won't turn on without plugging in

luzzmara
Explorer

Vaio Pro 13 won't turn on without plugging in

Hi all,
I have a SVP13215CLB with windows 8.1 and after the windows updates of may 12/2015, my laptop is not working normally, it suddenly turns off, so I connect the AC adapter and power on the laptop, the battery indicator is in 100%, but if I take the AC adapter out the computer shuts down immediately. Before May 12, the battery worked fine (6-7 hours). Does anybody know what the problem is? or which update is doing this?

The health of the battery in VAIO Care is green.

I have tried the Power Cycle (reset button in the back) many times but I continue without turn on the laptop just with battery. I tried too the reset BIOS.

Some times after the laptop is on (windows on) I disconnect the AC adapter and the laptop remains on, so I can work sometime (10 or 30 min) and then the laptop shuts down. Again for turns it on I have to connect the AC adapter. The battery then charges without problem and when is in 100% the led of charge is off.

Now when I try to turn on the lapton just with battery the power light flasing some time and the laptop does not turn on, I have to connect the AC adapter.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi luzzmara and welcome.

If the problem was caused by a Windows Update, I would have expected to hear some more reports of this problem from other users.

I have had a very quick look at the updates but cannot find one that is obviously addressing power/battery management.

How old is the battery? What you are describing could be caused by bad battery contacts or power board failure. Is your Vaio still within warranty?

luzzmara
Explorer

Hi Blencogo, Thanks for the reply. I bougth it in December 2013, so it is not under warranty. The battery has 18 months. The issue begans after the windows update of May 12/2015, and I can not restore the system to a previous point. When I try to turn on the laptop, just with battery the vaio logo appears and then it shuts down. What do you recommend? Thank you