Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Pro (doing W10 upgrade) - "Easy Rescue" - Stuck - Doesn't Start

profile.country.de_CH.title
mikenn
Explorer

Vaio Pro (doing W10 upgrade) - "Easy Rescue" - Stuck - Doesn't Start

Following SONY instructions for Windows 10 UPGRADE 

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32248

Everything works as shown in the document.

The system recognises the external USB drive to copy to:

20160422_220546.jpg

Here (above) I click Next and get to:

20160422_220605.jpg

But clicking on "Start Rescue" (above) does nothing.

I've tried this 5 or 6 times with different USB drives (all with enough space)

All help appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
mikenn
Explorer

BTW this is a Vaio Pro machine - SVP1322C5E

mikenn
Explorer

The official answer from Sony support is that they have no solution to this problem and they recommend backing-up my files manually.

This seems a little weak considering it is Sony hardware and software that does not appear to work.

I have a SVP1321C5E and completed the windows 10 update at the end of last year. I have a number of issues which may or may not be due to the upgrade:

1) I am not able to download or update the user manual from the one which came when I bought the computer

2) When I check  the battery - battery 1 is described as ''unavailable for use'' which worries me especially as the other battery is not charging beyond 80%. I don't know if this is normal or not as I can't check the manual.

3) Almost every morning, the computer freezes on start up and the task manager cannot come on to end task so I have to switch off the computer using the on/off button. Sometimes this happens three or four times. (This problem of freezing was there before the Windows update, but seems to have got worse). Contol+Alt+Del or Esc all fail to unfreeze the computer even though you can use caps lock.

Any advice please?

Thanks