Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio pro screen sleep issue after win 8.1

Caoimh1n
Explorer

Vaio pro screen sleep issue after win 8.1

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I have recently updated to windows 8.1 on my vaio pro, and now when the screen goes to sleep, I am unable to get it back on without hard rebooting the vaio. I have also noticed that, if left alone/inactive for a while, the machine randomly shuts itself down, losing anything I was working on at the time.

I have it setup in the power options to never turn the machine off, but to turn the display off after 10 mins.I have also updated all the drivers on the downloads page, but none of them seem to sort the issue.

I have only got the vaio a week now, and it's seriously starting to annoy me, especially for the amount of money it costs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21
kldw40w4000
Explorer

Reply to Control panel >> make text and other items larger or smaller. This Is not optimal 😕 Screen size 100 % Is to small, and 125 % Is too big and not the same as before 8.1 upgrade.

Snoka.
Explorer

I took the below optional "windows update" which seem to have solved the problem.

"

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in September, 2013

"