Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio pro screen sleep issue after win 8.1

Caoimh1n
Explorer

Vaio pro screen sleep issue after win 8.1

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I have recently updated to windows 8.1 on my vaio pro, and now when the screen goes to sleep, I am unable to get it back on without hard rebooting the vaio. I have also noticed that, if left alone/inactive for a while, the machine randomly shuts itself down, losing anything I was working on at the time.

I have it setup in the power options to never turn the machine off, but to turn the display off after 10 mins.I have also updated all the drivers on the downloads page, but none of them seem to sort the issue.

I have only got the vaio a week now, and it's seriously starting to annoy me, especially for the amount of money it costs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21
zaphoid
New

The graphics driver update solved my problem

Thanks!

Caszum

Recently accuquired this laptop. Loving it.
My issue with with sleep after win 8.1 is that when I wake it from sleep or hibernation it will not allow me to change the brightness. So even the automated brightness is broken and it will either stay max bright (usually)

Sony should look into the automated brightness since it is a bit aggressive. With lights on in a bright lit room it still turns up to 100%

Seems there is a thread on going > http://community.sony.dk/t5/PCs-Accessories/Screen-brigntness-won-t-change-after-sleep/m-p/1378602#U...

spchris62
Explorer

After upgrading to 8.1, my screen resolution also appeared wierd although it seemed to be set on 1080p. What I realised was that the size of the text and other items had been maximised.
So did the following:

1. Press the Windows (Image: icon_Windows8_key.png) key + X.
  2. Select Control Panel.
  3. Click Adjust screen resolution under the Appearance and Personalization category.
  4. Click make text and other items larger or smaller.
  5. Sellect the size you like for all screens

Hope it helps...

kldw40w4000
Explorer

I have downloaded the graphics driver, but Windows tells me that it's not approved of my hardware manufacture (Sony). How can I then install the new driver? Also, Is there a free tool for fully backup my HD, so I don't need to do a regular restore from the included Sony image? Restoring is so time-consuming because of all updates, programs etc.
profile.country.en_GB.title
jostone89
Explorer

I too am seeing the same brightness problems on my Pro 13 after upgrading to Win 8.1

The brightness control on the F Keys no have no effect at all.

dealneil
Explorer

The driver update worked for me to fix the problem with Sleep and when the display turns off to save power.

Updated graphics driver fixed my problem too, thanks!

Bit of a pain that Sony still haven't put the driver on the support site or on Vaio Update yet, although presumably they have to do their own tests before publishing it.
DavidA123
Explorer

Same issue here, driver did not fix the problem.  

Also cannot find a working driver for the Sony Firmware Extension Parser, which was working fine in Windows 8..

Any help?

Many thanks....

Dan_GE
New

Exactly the same problem with my new SVP1321C5E, after update to win 8.1.

When screen goest to sleep, it really sleeps... I have to reboot using the power button.

Help!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Peter_McC
Explorer

Windows update just installed an Intel Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, 1.2, 1.3 Update. This seems to have fixed the issue for me.