Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Pro SD slot specification

sroubekf
Explorer

VAIO Pro SD slot specification

I would like to extend my 128GB SSD disk on VAIO Pro 13 SVP1321M2EB, with a 64GB SD card. Does anybody know what SD  cards are supported? I assume that SDXC, but my main concern is speed. I would like a fast one (SDXC UHS-I) , but the SD controller in the VAIO PRO must support it. Has anybody tested it?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rijeffr84
New

I have been using a SanDisk 128GB SDXC I 'Extreme' without any problems.
sroubekf
Explorer

Can you tell me what read/write speed do you achieve with this SD card? The card should be capable of 45MB/s but can the SD controller in VAIO PRO 13 keep up?

sroubekf
Explorer

Just for anyone who would like to know what is the maximum speed of the SD  card slot on VAIO PRO 13. Officially, VAIO Pro suports all SDXC cards including UHS-i (Ultra High Speed) ones. 

I have borrowed SanDisk SDXC Extreme 32GB with 45MB/s read/write speed and for large files I was getting write speed close to 40MB/s and read speed around 43MB/s. So I decided to buy A-DATA SDXC Premier Pro 128GB with 95MB/s read and 45MB/s write speed, which was in my shop for the same price as SanDisk Extreme 128GB with 45MB/s both read and write speed. Unfortunately VAIO Pro SD card controller seems to be limited by 45MB/s speed. For large files I am getting 40MB/s write speed and 46MB/s read speed with A-DATA. So if anyone is considering buying UHS SD cards and use it as an additional disk space, as I do, it is no use to buy cards faster than 45MB/s.