Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Recovery After clean install Posible?

profile.country.GR.title
nvarras7
Explorer

Vaio Recovery After clean install Posible?

I bought a vgn ar21m a while ago and did a clean install of vista last week. Everything is working well but i liked the Vaio recovery disks, but i can't find the download for the recoverry center. Is it possible to download it ?
Any help would be appreciated.
n.v.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi n.v.

Unfortunately, the Vaio Recovery Utility only works with the original Sony OEM Operating System and can only be used to recover the original OS (XP MCE). Like most of the Sony preinstalled software, it cannot be downloaded. If you have installed another operating system, the Vaio Recovery Utility will not work from within Windows.

You can still use your Recovery Discs to recover your Vaio back to the Windows XP Media Centre Edition software originally installed by placing Disc 1 (System Disc) in the DVD/CD-ROM Drive and starting your Vaio - it will then boot from the disc and start the Recovery Utility.

You can also still use the Recovery Partition to put MCE back as long as you haven't formatted the hard disc. You can start the HDD Recovery by tapping F10 on startup.

However, if you want to create a Recovery Set for Vista, you will need to purchase something like Acronis True Image.

:wink:

profile.country.GR.title
nvarras7
Explorer

Thank you for the reply, i thought as much and was looking at acronis anyway.
nick