Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Recovery Discs not recognised - Error 14

Bob944
New

Vaio Recovery Discs not recognised - Error 14

Hi all, I have a Vaio SVS1313P9E which about 18 months old.

It does not have a recovery partion (deleted) nor many of the Sony features installed, so I decided to recover it to factory default using the Sony recovery discs.

The ones created with the machine when new have gone missing, so I purchased the discs from Sony via EET Europarts for £51.00 the disc set (8 DVD's) is part number EUAE674AC. They arrived yesterday, so decided to factory restore last night.

What a nightmare - Inserted disc 1 and booted using the VaioCare button and selected the Vaiocare recovery wizard. Elected not to recover the data (had taken an image beforehand)

The screen then pops up with an error stating that the recovery discs are not the correct ones for this laptop - also displays Error 14.

Nothing would make the laptop begin a recovery from the discs. Re-set the BIOS and checked the BIOS reported the correct machine information.. I called EET Europarts this morning who confirmed the part number for the disc set was correct for my Vaio.

Sony directed me to this company to buy the recovery discs in the first place.

Nothing has changed on this laptop - no parts have been swapped out, its still in its original state from new. No hardware or software problems.

I haven't yet wiped the hard drive to see if this would make it work, just not confident this would make any difference.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? I feel a bit miffed that I've spent £51 for some Sony recovery discs  that will make expensive drink coasters if I can't find a solution.

Your help would be most appreciated

Bob

0 REPLIES 0