Join now - be part of our community!

vaio recovery utility??

AishaRachida
Visitor

vaio recovery utility??

I want to make the recovery cd;s when i go the recovery utility he asks to make arecovery mediakit.i says yes,then came on the screen this:
cant find the cd or dvd drive try again. but i tried and tried but he still did not do it.please help me

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi Aisha,

Did you put an empty DVD or CD in the DVD drive beofre doing this?

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
AishaRachida
Visitor

Yes of course I tried a empty dvd,i tried and i tried.when you came to the screen create a mediakit,
and then immidiatly he say s he cant find the cd or dvd,or maybe he is in use close the vaio utililtt and try again.
but i try now for days and days.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Aisha,

Do you have any Packet Software installed on your Vaio which allows you to Drag 'n Drop files to +/-RW discs?

1. InCD (part of Ahead Software's Nero burning Rom)
2. Drag to Disc (Part of Roxio's Easy Media creator Suite and also part of Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator suite)
3. InstantDisc (Part of Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD)

These monitor the drive and can conflict with the Recovery Tool and give a message that the drive is in use by another application.

:wink:

AishaRachida
Visitor

Yes I have pinnacle 9 installed,i have a vaio vgn-ar11B.
I remove the pinnacle and then i try again,i let you know if it;s works.

AishaRachida
Visitor

I had already removed,pinnacle and nero,i restart my computer but he still doesn't do it.no i really don't know what to do,i try to make a systemherstel,but that even works.

kee-lo_

Have you tried restoring your VAIO? Press F10 at bootup. (Make sure you backup important data before doing this)

AishaRachida
Visitor

Thank you,i restore my system with F10,and now i have my recovery cd's.Thanks for the quick help from your site.:smileyhappy:

kee-lo_

No problem, I am glad I could help :smileygrin: