Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Recovery Utility.

kornel
Visitor

Vaio Recovery Utility.

Hi there!

After I bought my VGN-S3XP I deleted the partitions to reinstall my company licence WinXP. I created recovery disks, but I deleted the recovery partition.

So. After the install I wanted to install the original applications (it is on the application recovery disk). BUT I DON'T HAVE the software to do it. It is called: Vaio Recovery Utility. Maybe ot was stored on the recovery partition I deleted.
Of course, the Vaio Support Site contains only update for this software, but the original full software can be find nowhere.

So.. If anyone has got this application in install file or has got any idea for this problem, please send me the solution.

Thanks a lot, in addition

12 REPLIES 12
kornel
Visitor

My Friends, Here comes the solution:
(I hope it will be helpful for many user)

SO: The E_Support Team noticed, that it is impossible to install this VAIO Recovery Utility as a standalone application.

BUT:
I have found a very usefull post somewhere in the solution room, that started me on the right way.
There is a very-very smart file, called: kcap.exe
It can "unpack" the sony.pac, sony1.pac etc. files to the hard disk. So if someone has the application CD and wants to install the supplied stuffs to his/her own Windows licence, than it is easy with this small file.

There is a great guide in this website:

http://myplc.com/sony/sony_apps.htm

Have a lot of fun!

Thanks for everyone who has got idea to find the solution.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Thankyou.:smileycool:

William
Visitor

Thank you it works.:smileygrin:

I couldn't find KCAP.EXE on my HDD or recovery DVD so I downloaded it from your link.

Using it I successfully extracted the applications from my Recovery DVD which won't run any more due to my Mobo change.

I use Norton Ghost to make backups of my C & D drive but they might come in useful one day.:smileygrin:

I was able to rename several of the directories to show what application they contain but there quite a few that remain nameless?