Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio registration problem

SOLVED
profile.country.bg_BG.title
Felix.Kepler
Visitor

Vaio registration problem

Hello guys:)))

I have noticed a problem with Vaio Registration at https://registration.sonystyle-europe.com/The first step (entering First and Last name and serial number) works fine.

After that though comes the problem. In step 2 (Personal Details) there is a field Purchase Date (or Date of Purchase): Year, Month, Day. In the Year drop-down menu there are only 1998-2001. So Vaio PCs/Notebooks purchased after 2001 can not be registered. Have you guys noticed the same problem? It's all the same no matter what European country or language you choose. So I guess there is a problem with the entire Sony Europe Registration site. Do you have any idea who should be informed to get the problem fixed?

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Best wishes,

Felix

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Felix.Kepler
Visitor

About a week ago (on Aug 16) I received an e-mail from Sony Webteam and Support Team informing me that the issue has been confirmed and the problem is fixed. Well done Sony Support!!!

Message was edited by: Felix.Kepler

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
999pulsar
Visitor

Yeah exactly the same thing here. Came here to find an answer and your post was top of the list.

MissDisgruntled
Visitor

Ditto!  I eventually managed to register it but can't remember how!!

Felix.Kepler
Visitor

Hi Miss,

Maybe you did the registration with false purchase date? In case you remember how you did it, would you plese write again here:))) Tnx a lot:)))

Felix.Kepler
Visitor

It seems that so far we have only a question and no answer at all. Hopefully we'll find a solution soon.

MissDisgruntled
Visitor

OK sorry Felix, I've now found out what I did :slight_smile:

On this site (www.sony.co.uk) click on the Support tab, then on Register Your Product. Follow the process for this & I think, like me, you will find it works. (I had to locate my product number by looking through the various Vaio Series letters - didn't know I had an S Series, but that was where I found my model)

Previously I was following the shortcut from my programme menu & it's that which takes you through to the "broken" site.

Hope this works for you

Felix.Kepler
Visitor

Thanks a lot Miss:))) I'll try that for sure. Wish you a lovely day!!!

austingrd
Visitor

Nice one. I bet only a few users are aware about this. 

Felix.Kepler
Visitor

About a week ago (on Aug 16) I received an e-mail from Sony Webteam and Support Team informing me that the issue has been confirmed and the problem is fixed. Well done Sony Support!!!