Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio service manual

profile.country.en_IE.title
elgan001
Visitor

Vaio service manual

Vaio laptop switch light ups at start. Nothing else not even the logo. Looking for service manual to troubleshoot. System is 14 months old!!

Model VPCEE3EOE

Message was edited by: elgan001

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi elgan001,

Service manuals are as rare as hen's teeth but how can anyone here help without knowing the model number?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
elgan001
Visitor

Thanks rich912 for that- I have updated the entry.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi elgan001,

The chances of finding a service manual are slim but you will find any info released by Sony here.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEE3E0E_WI

Is there any indication that the notebook is booting e.g. flashing hard drive LED, fan noise, screen becoming slightly brighter?

There are a couple of basic troubleshooting things you could try.

1 Re-seat memory modules.

2 Remove the power adaptor and battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Re-attach battery and adaptor and try to boot.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
elgan001
Visitor

Hi rich912,

I tried RAM, HD,Battery, Power cord, also connected an external screen in case the sound and the screen were both an issue. I am hoping to trace the power souce through the MB if I could get a service manual, as the on switch lights up.

Thanks for the quick feedback rich 912 , much appreciated.

elgan001

Message was edited by: elgan001

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi eglan001

I think you may possibly have a power board problem. If this is the case the repair is not an easy task unless you have the expertise plus the correct equipment. I recently had just such a repair carried out on one of our notebooks at a cost of £110 including collection, delivery and VAT.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
elgan001
Visitor

Hi rich912,

The laptop was returned from workshop stating it was a MB problem & not repaired. It is owned by a lady friend of mine and as my degree is in computer science (software) it was given to me to check out. It is approximate 15months old and being of the older generation, I am reluctant to discard such a valuable piece of equipment, hench the blog.

Thanks again for your contribution.

elgan001

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Elgan001,

A ‘motherboard problem’ is a very wide description of a fault. Sometimes the power board is in fact a daughter board but more usually it is part of the motherboard but can be replaced.
Have a chat with the company that repaired one of my machines...

http://www.rmaupdates.com/contactus.php

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
elgan001
Visitor

Hi rich912,

Great I will.

Thanks for all the input(chocolates are in the post)

elgan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

LOL

I look forward to receiving the chocs :wink:

Please let us know the outcome.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat