Join now - be part of our community!

vaio support

xenoray
Visitor

vaio support

I've been trying to log in to vaio support for the past 3 days, they email my login, give a link to login page, then tell me my login name is not correct, how frustrating can this be Iv' checked my spelling and case of letters, I get the feeling I'm getting the run around again:smileycry: :cry:

7 REPLIES 7
Hypnotix
Visitor

it just happened to me as well.
Change the password as proposed in the email sent to you (don't use the temporary password) and it should be fine.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi xenoray,

You log-in name for E-support may not be the same as your Club Vaio user name..

Alternatively have you tried contacting Sony support via the phone?

William
Visitor

I think everyone at Sony has resigned :smileygrin:

Gperkc
Visitor

Still happening. I was registered a few years ago for the forum and support but not recognised now. e-support login won't work today despite several attempts. Yes I have changed the password. Got in once, sort of, won't work now since the seemingly unnecessary registration failed.

Attempting to re-register the PC produced and error and a 'message will be sent to support' message, but then through another registration screen somewhere up popped all the old details!

Still can't log in to e-support despite plenty of automated e-mails to say I can. As I recall it was much like this 3 or 4 years ago.

Anyway, all I want to do is see if I can get a replacement grapgics card for my RX203 as the fan on the current one is getting noisy - going the same way as the first one it had which was exchanged under warranty.

Any ideas, other than spending a fortune on calling the support number and probably getting nowhere?

Grant

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Gperkc and welcome to Club Vaio.

I doubt if a direct replacement (nVidia GeForce 2 TI) is still available - I can't even find one on e-Bay.

It depends on how much you want to spend but any AGP card should work. PC World will fit one reasonably cheaply.

Fitting your own is not a daunting job and will be a lot cheaper than sending your RX203 to Sony.

:wink:

Gperkc
Visitor

Hi Blencogo and thanks for the reply.

As you might see from the date aganst my name I was registered a long time ago but the records seemed to get messed up regularly. Likewise the machine registration - which is not rcognised but is there still in other screens I think it may now have been added again manually by someone ....

I've checked out the cards and agree with you. Fitting is no problem. I had to swop one when the 203 was just a few months old and still under warranty. Same problem - noisy fan, though worse then by a long way than it is at the moment.

Since I posted I have removed the card, vacuumed it, cleaned the leading edges of the fan blades and replaced it in the machine and it is much improved to my ears! That buys me some time I hope.

Sourcing a cost effective replacement does not look too difficult now I have done some research although AGP cards are getting scarce. Not expensive though.

My only concern with a newer card might be power consumption as I already run devices in all but one of the slots and have 2 CD/DVD devices, 2 internal hard drives and some external devices (WiFi, disks and so on) as well. Still, I guess it will be OK if I need to change.

Many thanks for the advice.

Have fun,

Grant

Gperkc
Visitor

Hi Blencogo and thanks for the reply.

As you might see from the date aganst my name I was registered a long time ago but the records seemed to get messed up regularly. Likewise the machine registration - which is not rcognised but is there still in other screens I think it may now have been added again manually by someone ....

I've checked out the cards and agree with you. Fitting is no problem. I had to swop one when the 203 was just a few months old and still under warranty. Same problem - noisy fan, though worse then by a long way than it is at the moment.

Since I posted I have removed the card, vacuumed it, cleaned the leading edges of the fan blades and replaced it in the machine and it is much improved to my ears! That buys me some time I hope.

Sourcing a cost effective replacement does not look too difficult now I have done some research although AGP cards are getting scarce. Not expensive though.

My only concern with a newer card might be power consumption as I already run devices in all but one of the slots and have 2 CD/DVD devices, 2 internal hard drives and some external devices (WiFi, disks and so on) as well. Still, I guess it will be OK if I need to change.

Many thanks for the advice.

Have fun,

Grant