Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio update - cannot be performed because of windows update

profile.country.en_GB.title
juniorpaws
New

Vaio update - cannot be performed because of windows update

Hi all

I tried searching the forums for an answer, but to  no avail, so I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me out.

I'm trying to update my new VAIO E15 (there are two updates available) but every time I go to use Vaio update I get the following message:

"VAIO update cannot be performed because Windows Update is running or scheduled to be performed in the next 60 minutes.

Try again after Windows Update has finished."

But of course here's the kicker - Windows update isn't running, nor scheduled to run (as far as I can tell) in the next 60 minutes - in fact, I made sure I was completely up to date with it and restarted etc just to make sure.

Any advice here? I've checked in the task manager and can't see Windows update as a process.

I'm using Windows 8 by the way.

Thanks

John

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi John and welcome.

I think this is a known problem and Sony are working on it.  We have not had any updates on this and other Windows 8 issues yet.

In the meantime you can try to download individual updates from the Support Page for your model.  I can't give a link without the full model name.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi vlahul,

1 Try the manual download from this link:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVE1512W1EB/downloads/EP0000295580_8579

2 Do you have Battery Care enabled? Check in Vaio Control Center > Power Management > Battery Charge Functions. If you have the function enabled and set to 80PERCENTAGESIGN and the charge is already higher than this the battery will not charge until the charge drops below this level.

3 This is copied from a post by Thalamus in the following thread:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/1313674#1313674

Could you please check the following -
Open VAIO care then on the right hand side of the window you should see Premium Tools (Advance Tools)
In Premium Tools (Advance Tools) you should see 4 more options (Premium tool - Diagnostics - History - Restore and Recovery)

If you select Premium tool hopefully you should see 3 tools (Program Accelerator, Memory mechanic and NetBooster).

If you do not see the three tools could please let us know what you actually see when opening VAIO Care → Advanced Tools (Premium Tool) → Premium tool & if possible please upload an image..

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
vlahul
New

Hi Rich,

Many thanks for the prompt reply. Indeed, problems 1 and 2 are solved - thanks. Regarding no. 3 though, I see the Premium tools but when I click on it I get the message if I want to know more about the Premium tools from the producer. Clicking yes, it takes me to the producer website to buy the tools.

premium tools.gif

But this is exactly what I did in the first place, the only thing is that I paid, and I got the activation key from the producer, but no tools themselves nor a link to download them. And I don't know where to get them/ download them.

I've just gotten a reply from Avangate telling me to contact Iolo for this problem. At Iolo, if I need to ask something I need to create an account, give personal information (name tel number etc...). PErsonally I don't think it is normal that I have to waste so much time on this matter, since I bought the tools; they should have been delivered by the vendor, not me asking around, spending time creating accounts or struggling to contact people to get the products I paid for.

Sorry for the long reply and being a bit moralizing here, but it is a bit annoying (00:02 here and I'm writing this, while tomorrow I have to wake up early for work). Thanks again for your support on this matter.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi viahul,

Below ‘Advanced Tools’ are listed four options – are they links? If so try clicking ‘Premium Tools’ to see what opens.

I can’t check this at my end as I don’t have this in Vaio Care.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
vlahul
New

Hi Rich,

Indeed, clicking on Premium tools I am directed to the producer's (Iolo) webpage to buy the products.

Untitled.gif

After that I clicked on Get it now button which directs to the page to buy the items (below), which I bought. I received afterwards the confirmation of transaction from the vendor of Iolo products (Avangate it is called), and the activation key. But no trace of the products themselves... Asking this to Avangate, I was told to contact the producer Iolo....

Untitled2.gif

Message was edited by: vlahul

vlahul
New

Hello,

I've just bought a brand new Vaio SVE1512W1EB, Windows 8, and I have the following problems:

1) Same as above, I want to download the update "BIOS sustaining" which appears under manual update section, and it wont download - I get the same message as in the post above, everytime. How can I get the update BIOS sustaining?

2) The battery, fully charged, is only up to 92PERCENTAGESIGN. Is it a faulty battery? How can I charge it fully? I have never had this problem and I've used quite a number of laptops in my life, older or newer.

3) I purchased the following PRemium tools Program Accelerator™, Memory Mechanic® and NetBooster™ via the Vaio Care update, I received confirmation of payment and the activation key from Avangate, vendor of Iolo products - however, I didn't receive the tools themselves (download link or something). I even went to the website of the producer and the tools named above are not to be found. Where can I get the tools from?

Thank you in advance for assistance.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi viahul,

As I don’t know the way forward on this I have asked for assistance from Support. This may take a few days before a response is received but I will keep you informed on progress in this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
vlahul
New

Thank you Rich, I look forward to the solution to this problem.

vlahul
New

Hello,

This whole thing looks more and more fishy to me. I have contacted the producer as well, the famous "Iolo", like 2 weeks ago and no reply to-date. Is this a scam or something? I am annoyed with this. I expected that a top company like Sony would not have been involved in this, or at least have solved this problem until now.