Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO update cannot recognize my VAIO

sroubekf
Explorer

VAIO update cannot recognize my VAIO

I have bought VAIO PRO 13 (SVP1321M2EB) recently and the VAIO update utility cannot acquire information about my system and keeps posting the following message:

You have arrived at this page because VAIO Update does not recognize your VAIO.
This may be a temporary problem with the VAIO Update server.

Has anybody encountered the same problem? I have called Sony support center in my country and they were not able to help me.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sroubekf

Your model is on the Support website so it should be recognised.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVP1321M2EB/specifications

I know there has been a problem with the Sony Servers. It may be worth trying at the least busy times - like early morning or late at night.

I am surprised Vaio Support cannot help. I will forward your message to them and see if I can find out when it will be fixed.
deejohnny

Hi ive just purchased a duo 13 and i get the exact same problem

sroubekf
Explorer

To be honest. An operatorr at SONY hotline  was unable to tell what is wrong but they promised to find out and let me know. But this was couple of days ago and still no answer. 

skykit84
New

Same issue here - had it for a week now

nevrozel
New

I have the exact same problem. Bought a Vaio Pro 13 4 weeks ago from Sony Online Store UK and since then I get the same error when trying to check for any Sony updates. And I know there are updates as I've seen them on the Support site.

I have registered the Vaio so on my part everything should be OK.

Please advise as this is really annoying, especially now when there are loads of updates with a new machine and Windows 8.

nevrozel
New

Any chance we can get some help with this? The problem is still there so everyone already knows it is not about the servers.

koop79
Explorer

come on Sony, you think Apple users have to put up with things like this?

Still same message for me

SHumayun
Explorer

I'm having the same problem. Had mine for a week now. Found this page though:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVP1321C5E/updates

I  think you have register your product and be logged in to access the drivers, else you just get manuals and other useless stuff.

Going to try to manually install some of these drivers (in particular the wireless driver - wifi is appalling on this thing).