Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Update Fails?

profile.country.en_GB.title
RonXonVaio
Visitor

VAIO Update Fails?

Vaio auto update for WinDVD BD downloads file but will not install. Tried manually running the download results in "This upgrade patch can't apply to your version of WinDVD. Abort."

Downloaded filename  EP0000230953.exe does not match the name EP000030953.exe that Help specifiesto be run!

WinDVD BD preinstalled on Win7 new computer type VPCF13M0E. Trying to Update version 10.0.5.538.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

EP0000230953.exe is the update to Version 10.0.5.538 which you already have installed so it will not install again.

Have you tried downloading the update to Version 10.0.5.802 directly from the support pages for your model here? -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VPCF13M0E_B

Perhaps there is a problem with Vaio Update.  If 10.0.5.802 installs, let us know and we can report this error to Sony Support.  Alternatively, you can report the error yourself.

:thinking:

Mumma.Shell
Visitor

Hi , I have replied to the forum for notebooks , Same problem , our Vaio is VPCF13SOE/B model ( don`t know what the B is for , maybe country ? ) Our Blueray will NOT play Blueray at all since update 10.0.5.804 still plays dvds and funny as it seems , the drive does not auto open data disks ?

I have downloaded as per your suggestion ,but as of yet not deared to follow through. I did trust Vaio update , but at the moment I will await your reply as You have said you will report it and I am but a novice  , if the software could roll back I would try it ?.

Please advise........................Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you are unsure, then contact Vaio Support for advice.

I understand your concerns because the version cannot be rolled back and the only way to get to a previous version would be a complete system recovery back to factory settings using Vaio Care or a set of Recovery Discs.  There is no installer version of WinDVD available - only updates to an already installed program.

:thinking:

RonXonVaio
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo for advice. However:

I could not find the update ...802 but there is one update ...804. This would give EP0000250038 if downloaded.

I note that this is already in my Update folder , Copyright Accesso Software inc.

My installed WinDVD BD version is 10.0.5.804.513196(for Vaio) which makes me think that I may already have the latest update installed and that the autoupdater is trying to take me back to an earlier version!