Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio update not updating

profile.country.en_GB.title
jugaugh
Visitor

Vaio update not updating

I am using Vaio Update version 5.4.1.04200. Upon checking for updates it come up with the following message...

A new version of VAIO Update is available. VAIO Update cannot be used unless it is updated. Update now?

I click yes, then the icon in the system tray shows it is downloading the update but then after around 1 minute it stops and nothing happens. So, until this is fixed i cannot use VAIO Update.

Any solutions or a direct download link to download the latest version?

If it makes difference my model number is VGN-AW41MF

Thanks.

95 REPLIES 95
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As you have probably noticed this problem has been brought to the attention of Support on a number of occasions. Unfortunately there has been no resolution to date and it would seem that none willl be forthcoming.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tripodzid
Visitor

I guess I am a bit lucky. This problem didn't show up on my end.

Business is the game!!

PlymouthSid
Visitor

Dear Readers,

I have followed this thread for some time . . . . I too have suffered from this isue.

For those that are trying to solve this isuue here is some background on a cure:

I look after 3 Vaio VCPEC2SOE Computers (Win 7 Home Premium 62bit)

Each was  set-up by me in the same way (two were then given to their users) I keep one.

Each has a complete installation of Norton 360 premium (initially ver 5)

Each has been routinely updated by windows update and by the  Vaio Inbuilt "maintenance" software.

Only my computer had the problem!!

This week, as you all are likely to know, there as a large windows update (Feb 2012) and Norton offered a product upgrade to Ver 6.

The two (fault free) computers just accepted the changes and continued tp work  . . .

Mine, after the Windows and the Norton update begins to accepts Vaio Updates !

Interestionly it did 3 Vaio software updates first and then, after a restart, it did an update to the updater !

I now have Vaio Update  Ver 5.5.3.10280 . . . . . . Time will tell  if it "sticks".

I hope this helps someone ~ for sure, it mystifies me!

I will continue to "watch" this thread.

PlymouthSid
Visitor

Since I reported above, the machine was OK  for a while and then continued with its old "odd" behaviour.

After a very long and often circular search which was not made at all simple by the web site returning to the USA version of the site . . . . . I eventually found:

SOAVUD-00260791-1070.EXE

Which is the latest version of

VAIO® Update Software Update

which I duly installed and since then . . . .All is well.

Here is a link to a "grid" which shows if it is "The one for you" !

http://esupport.sony.com/BR/perl/swu-matrix.pl?upd_id=7224

I actually found it through the "My Sony"  / Support / software and drivers . . .I have not provided a link to "My Sony" because as you will soon find out, the menu is driven in the first instance by COUNTRY and then Model Number (Good luck with that ~ It did not recognise mine because the site kept opening a lik in the USA version!!)

My advice would be:

1.  Check the grid and make a very good note of the file name and version

2.  Download the file from whichever model is closest to the one that you have.

colwalke8
Visitor

I've been wrestling with this for months with none of the solutions working.

I have now accidentally got it working though I can't guarantee this will work for anyone else.

I had a bluetooth peripheral device, a Samsung mobile phone, reporting a missing driver in device manager.  After searching for a solution, I downloaded and installed Windows mobile device center (the 64bit Vista version which posts said would work with Windows 7).  This fixed the bluetooth driver AND hey presto VAIO update was working again.  Good luck.

Colin

profile.country.en_IE.title
danegee
Visitor

Rich912

I am having the same problem. I have a VAIO VPCEE2S1E/BQ 64bit windows 7. As you can see below,  my VAIO update IS version 5.5.1.09220 :

version.JPG

Vaio update has been working fine since I have had this laptop. Then today I went to check for updates, and this update box appeared:

update box.JPG

Now, when I click on "yes" nothing happens. So, I cannot update. Any idea how this can be fixed?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Daniel,

As you will be aware this old chestnut has been plaguing us for months and Support insist that the problem has been solved – like hell it has!

All I can suggest, assuming you have not already done so, is that you update to version 6.4.2.11150 of Vaio Care.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEE2S1E_BQ/updates

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_IE.title
danegee
Visitor

I have managed to resolve this problem i had - see above posts - by following the link that RICH912 posted, i.e., http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?m=VGN-AW41MF_H&l=en_GB

clicked on the latest downloads for my OS, i.e., WINDOWS 7

and then downloaded the update :

VAIO Update - 5.5.2.11060       32 / 64 bits   24.3 Mb   25/11/2011

from the list of updates provided.

Everything is now working fine.

Message was edited by: danegee

Message was edited by: danegee

profile.country.en_.title
luhanna
New

hi, same problem,my updater wont work but i can install most of them manually, which is a pain and very time consuming, i need help from you guys also.

MAYBE SONY SHOULD ASK MICROSOFT FOR HELP WITH UPDATING PROGRAMES.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi luhanna,

What is your Vaio product number and what version of Vaio Update do you have installed?

What exactly is the problem you are experiencing? Is it that your model is not recognised or that the Vaio Update requires an update that will not install?

The more detail you can provide the greater the chance that someone will be able to assist.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat