Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio update not updating

profile.country.en_GB.title
jugaugh
Visitor

Vaio update not updating

I am using Vaio Update version 5.4.1.04200. Upon checking for updates it come up with the following message...

A new version of VAIO Update is available. VAIO Update cannot be used unless it is updated. Update now?

I click yes, then the icon in the system tray shows it is downloading the update but then after around 1 minute it stops and nothing happens. So, until this is fixed i cannot use VAIO Update.

Any solutions or a direct download link to download the latest version?

If it makes difference my model number is VGN-AW41MF

Thanks.

95 REPLIES 95
profile.country.hu_HU.title
Titan2501
Visitor

Hi Rich!

I have just bought a Touch Screen Vaio with Win8 64 Bit.

Product n ame: SVT1312V1ES

Vaio Update version nr: 6.0.0.08170

If I click the update, then the same issue arises as for many people in this thread:

"A new version of VAIO update is available..."

After I click the update, it says: "Cannot lunch VAIO Update, because it is being updated to a newer version".

It say "Downloading..." on the icon, when I hover the mouse over it, but after that, nothing happens. If I click it again, the whole process starts over again.

Any ideas, advice on how to fix this would be grately appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays from Hungary : )

Best regards,

Zoltan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Zoltan,

As your model was released with Windows 8 I don’t think the problem is related to the issues raised in this thread.

There is one Vaio Care manual update available on the Support site that you could try but I have no idea whether this will resolve the issue.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVT1312V1ES/updates

If this makes no difference then all I can suggest is disabling your internet security and try the automated update again. Otherwise you will need to raise a case with Support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.no_NO.title
_anders
New

I have the same problem as you, only my Vaio Z is upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8.

profile.country.el_GR.title
Fillitsa
Visitor

I have the same problem, Windows 7 bios R1190V3

iadiape
Visitor

I have the same problem, again [as I remember this issue occurring priovusly].

Model:  VPCCW2Z1E

Vaio Update: 5.6.1.02150

BIOS Ver:            R0170Y7

Although this is a little weird since the lastest version on Sony product website for this model is:

VAIO Update - 5.5.2.11060  32 / 64 bits   24.3 Mb   25/11/2011

Thanks,

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Dras81
Visitor

+1

Same issue: Vaio Update will not update itself while it keep saying there is newer version available.

Model: VPCEB1S1E

Vaio Update: 5.6.1.02150

BIOS-Version: R0300Y8

Someone have a solution yet?

Greetings!

sugidda
Visitor

Same Issue Here!

Just used the VAIO Win 8 Upgrade kit on my VPCF22 and it has updated to version 6.0.1.10150

It say VAIO Update must update before you can use it and then forver sits there with the green loop going round and round and round.

Any one please?

Tried reboot, uninstall, reinstall...

Sony come on guys! I swear by VAIO now I am kinda swearing at it, please recover!

UPDATED:

I closed all open applications in the task bar (near the clock), for me this included:

Malwarebytes

TeamViewer

Google Music Manager

Box.com NVIDIA Settings

All other applications that have the 'exit or close' option when you right click on it.

It has now cleared the loop it was stuck in and is downloading the new updates (Bluetooth Driver at the moment), I will post if this has completely resolved my issue.

I suspect it was Malwarebytes as security software but could have been any of them.

Message was edited by: sugidda

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

There have been a number of posts/threads reporting recent problems with the automatic update of both Vaio Care and Vaio Update together with general download problems from the Sony Support server.

This was escalated under the following thread on 30th December. Any further information will be reported in that thread when a response is received from Sony.

Some members have managed to update without making any changes to their system (disabling security) so in the meantime I suggest you keep trying.

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/203600?start=0&tstart=0

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.fi_FI.title
joukil
Visitor

Hi, I had trouble updating Vaio Update, but now the issue is resolved. My Vaio is SVE1511A1EW, W7-64bit HP SP1, Bios R0190E5. Vaio Update updated to version 6.11.10250 last night.

What I did was to assign Vaio Update as a trusted program in both Windows Firewall and my antivirus program (Avast) plus run Vaio Update (VAIOupdt.exe) from the Sony installation folder with administrator privileges.

On the other hand I suspect this had something to with some trouble with the Sony update server as well.

Thanks for a most useful discussion on the forum about this matter. It made me realize this was a common difficulty with Vaio users and not my own mistake, so I kept on trying different possibilities !

stchamp47
Explorer

I have Sony laptop VPCF11Z1E/Bl

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit fully updated

Vaio Update version 6.11.10250

Turned off Windows Firewall and the Vaio Update worked straight away after hanging.  Had me fooled for hours.

Added the Vaio updater exe in the trusted group for the Windows firewall manually.  Vaio update back working properly.

So far, so good.  Thanks to the person who suggested this approach.  It seems to work for me too.  Unless I have spoken too soon ...

Yes, too soon.  On running Vaio Care itself (not just the updater) and accepting update, Vaio Care is broken once again.

By manually donloading latest Vaio Care from this website and installing it I can get Vaio Care funstions back.  But as soon as I run Vaio Care from the Start menu and accept the offer of an update, the program breaks and the buttons stop working.  A Windows Restore does not do the trick.

Message was edited by: stchamp47