Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Vaio Update with MessageID=0008 (model not found on server)

Hello
I bought a Vaio VGN-FE41S with Windows Vista preinstalled about two months ago (German version). Up to now I didn't manage to get to run the Vaio Update functionality correctly (automatic update). There is always an error message (messageid=0008) telling me that the information about my model could not be found on the server and I should repeat the update-process later. Meanwhile I upgraded manually to Vaio Update 3.0.00.13220a (a newer one is not available at the moment) but the message persists. Is this message an error? If yes, does anyone of you have a solution?
Thanks for help
Victor

110 REPLIES 110
maslaw
Visitor

I downloaded the patch, but i still have the same error message. I tried using the esupport thing but it doesn't really work. what should I try now?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi maslaw

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Have you tried phoning Vaio support.?

Use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

michelluczak
Visitor

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem and error message with my Vaio VGN-TZ27GN/N - I bought it last year in Singapore.
I tried to download the patch you had mentionned on the Vaio Support Website but I did not find it.
Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks.

Michel
(Paris / France)

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Michel,

Have you tried looking on the Sony Asia Pacific site http://sorry.sony-asia.com/

rafikiphoto
Visitor

This is apalling! I have this problem too (VGN-AR61S) and have applied the patch but, like so many others, I still get the same error message. Is ANYTHING further being done to solve this problem?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi rafikiphoto,

I thought this would have been resolved by now.. :thinking:

Have you tried installing the fix again.?

Have you rebooted your vaio after installing the fix.?

If yes to the above then I suggest you contact Vaio support - Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list, in your case VGN AR.

Then next to Select Model - select AR61S

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Vaio Support may suggest you recovery your Vaio back to factory settings, if you do not wish to do that at this time then you can download the updates manually via the Vaio support site.

Follow the guide to open Vaio support, once logged in select downloads..

tccorperation
Visitor

Hi peeps, Great thread, shame it has been left to the consumer to sort out. I agree with all of you that have moaned about Sony not pulling their finger out but here is some new info. My problem started about a week ago when I upgraded my VGN-AR61M to Windows 7 (Don't try it it's not an enjoyable process). I have found that none of the solutions posted on this thread have solved the problem but I logged into Club Vaio and then tried Vaio Update and got the message "Vaio Update has been started" when I clicked Start\Programs\VAIO Update 3\Go To Web Support. That was about 10 mins ago so it hasn't actually come up with any updates yet but it looks like this info could be useful to Sony in making another patch.

NB: MessageID=0008 comes back when I log out of Club Vaio.

hcalencar
New

I have a VAIO VGN-FZ11Z (Spanish) and I use VAIO recovery utility to "restart" my computer. After that I did the installation of all, I try use the VAIO Update 3 to update the programs and the program show the message "MessageID=0008 ...", I try change the region to English (USA), Spanish (Spain), ... and had the same problem.

To solve the problem what I did:

1)http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/flash/hub_cons.html (e-support);
2) Select my model of computer;
3) Download - VAIO Update - 5.0.0.12080;
4) Unistall Vaio Update 3;
5) Install Vaio Update 5 using region of the OS Vista Spanish (Spain);
6) Use the software VAIO Update 5 to dowload the updates;
7) The problem solved.

The problem, I think is that exist a new version of VAIO Update.

Hope I help

elpi888
Explorer

Hi!

I've recently restored my system and now, I cannot update my vaio. I have the same problem as you with the error 0008, tried to change the system langauge to English, but still the problem exists and don't know what to do.

My model is VGN-NS38E/S if it helps and I still have Windows Vista.

hcalencar I don't know how I can do what you suggest. I went to the site you said but I don't konw what I have to download. I cannot find something about Vaio Update

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!.

profile.country.el_GR.title
skipouros
Explorer

εχω προβλημα με ενημεροσι το Vaio Apdate with MessageID=0008. πως να το επηλισω?