Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update wont install 'Vaio Care Recovery Updater'

rochie61
New

Vaio Update wont install 'Vaio Care Recovery Updater'

Hi

I have only had my Vaio laptop 2 weeks.

However, I cannot create recovery disks as when I try to create them, It says first I must oinstall the Vaio Care Recovery software.

When I attempt to run Vaio update, it shows the 'Vaio Care Recovery' as an automatic update, but when I try to update it, it says fails and says 'please wait and try again later'

I have waited and tried several times now to no avail.

Thanks

David

84 REPLIES 84
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi David and welcome.

There have been some Vaio Care problems of late but I thought these had been fixed.

Sometimes, the Sony Servers get swamped and it may be worth trying early in the morning or late at night.  The Updater appears to be about 30MB.

It may be worth trying to install the update manually from the support page for your model - please give us your Vaio Product Model if you would like a link.  You will need to follow the manual installation instructions: -

Manual installation instructions
1. Exit all running programs.
2. Download this update and save it to your hard drive.
3. When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file in the location you specified.
4. Double-click EP0000307234.zip to open the archive file.
5. Double-click EP0000307234.exe to run it.
6. Wait while the wizard updates your software.
7. When the installation is complete, restart the VAIO.

If all else fails, you will beed to contact Vaio Support.

:thinking:

Good evening.

I have also the same problem. The updater will not download the recovery software. Can you provide me with the link for manual installation? The Vaio model I have is: SVE171C11M.

Kind regards,

Eelze

Good evening.

I see another model name in VAIO care: SVE1712W1EB.

Kind regards,

Eelze

moutraki
New

Good evening.

I just bought VAIO SV-F1521G6EW and have the same problem...

I try to "create recovery media" and it shows the following;

"You need to install Vaio Care Recovery" to activate the create recovery media function.

When I go and check the latest updates nothing shows....

Any ideas???

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Georgia

pegylaptop
Explorer

I have the same problem ... i have a 2 days laptop , i tried to make a recovery disc and its says:  "You need to install Vaio Care Recovery to activate the create recovery media function. Would you like to download and install it from Vaio update?" i clicked ok but there is NOTHING at Vaio update.... I called the Sony support but they didn't know how to solve this problem and they told me that they passed my issue to level 2.  Anyway ... any suggestion would be great !

Model : SVF1521P6EW

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Have you tried downloading Vaio Care Recovery Updater from your vaio support pages and manually installing as per the Experts suggestion above?

pegylaptop
Explorer

Hello! thank you for your reply!

No i did not try because I don't see any file with the name Vaio Care Recovery Updater... only a file with name Vaio Update ... and i do not know if this is the right file...

profile.country.FI.title
barrynb

An automatic Vaio update happened this week, 2 updates installedOK, but 1 failed to download.
Vaio Care and Rescue Data (x64) updated downloaded and installed OK, but Vaio Care Recovery won't download - it loads about 27500KB the fails with a message to 'wait and try again later'. (That doesn't work; I've tried at all times). The error code is 0xA001003.
If I click on the file name in the updater window I get directed to a Sony address which says the file has been moved or renamed (??).
The answer I got from Vaio support directs me to the Vaio support page for my model - but that site doesn't have the update that my Vaio has been told to load, which is: Vaio Care Recovery 31.03.2014 30267KB.
My computer model is VPCCB4C5E (Windows 7, 64-bit), still under warrantee. (I can supply service tag number if needed.)
From where can I download the latest VAIO Care Recovery version manually, compatible with VPCCB4C5E?
thanks & regards, Barry

profile.country.FI.title
kollikoukku
Explorer

I have this problem also.. VPCF12Z1E with WIN7