Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Update

profile.country.GB.title
Gazza1954
New

VAIO Update

I recently purchased a SVL2412M1EB All-in-one PC and have been experiencing problems with VAIO Update.

I activated VAIO Update to check whether there were any updates for my PC.  I received a message informing me that a later version of VAIO Update was available and that I would need to update as the current version would not work.  I clicked the button to update and noticed that the small VAIO Update icon on the System Bar had a small rotating circle on it.  I assumed that this signified that VAIO Update was itself being updated.  This continued for a few minutes and then stopped.  I assumed that VAIO Update had been updated.  I activated VAIO Update and was again presented with the message informing me that there was a later version of VAIO Update available and that my current version would not work until I updated.  I have tried several times over a couple of days to update and have had no success.  Last night I received a message telling me that my VAIO Care needed updating to the latest version.  I clicked to update and it started to download and then stopped after around 1960mb had download.  I tried several times to download with no success.

I am currently unable to check for any VAIO Updates

Message was edited by: Gazza1954

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
stchamp47
Explorer

Same problem here.  Identical.  I looked on the German Sony support pages and noticed they are having the same problem too.  I found that if I manually downloaded the latest VAIO Care installation file for my model from the Sony website and installed it over the top of the broken program on my laptop, I could get functionality back (the ASSIST key now works too) but had to disable the self-heal automatic setting to stop the crazy loop repeating itself, asking me to update, which, if accepted, breaks the program.  Now, when I check for updates, no updates are suggested.  Best of luck.

profile.country.en_GB.title
PreshawPete
Visitor

I too have had this problem but being naive, only tried on a different occasion - so far four failed attempts! I've had loads of serious problems including many Windows 8 'Blue Screens' - not impressed so far - seem to spend all my time rebuilding the machine! Looks nice though!