Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Updates dated 01/07/11

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamtoday
Explorer

VAIO Updates dated 01/07/11

I've tried four times to download program updates PMB VAIO Edition Plug-in 1.5.10.06150 and Media Gallery 1.4.3.16250. Each time the download completes and then a message appears saying Wait a while, then try again. The error code is 0xA001003. All the previous program updates installed OK.

My PC is a VPCL13M1E running Windows 7 64bit. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message was edited by: jamtoday

Message was edited by: jamtoday

26 REPLIES 26
rich_ie
Visitor

I had the exact same problem VPCF12Z1E Win 7 64bit. Each time I tried to download it using VAIO Update I got the above error.  In the end I had to download it manually from the website. Click on Support - Online Support - Enter your model number - select downloads and it should appear in the list of downloads available for your notebook.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

jamtoday
Explorer

I clicked on the PMB Vaio Edition Plug-in download on the Sony website and when the download completed, SmartScreen Filter reported the file EP0000250759.exe as unsafe!

These Sony updates are a nightmare. 

gscholefield
Explorer

Hi i have a VPCL13S1E/S win 7 64bit and have experienced exactly the problems that you have stated in your two posts, i googled the error code and it came back with download file wrong size??

It looks like Sony have now removed the PMB Vaio Edition Plug-in download from their website!

profile.country.it_IT.title
Massimo2210
Visitor

Hello, I had the same problem. I couln'd install it with vaio care and then I tried manually but EP0000250759.exe resulted unsafe.

What have you done in the end? Have you installed it anyway? Thanx

jamtoday
Explorer

When SmartScreen Filter reported it as unsafe, I deleted it. A similar thing happened a while ago with a VAIO Care update.

fedupster
Visitor

I HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATES WITH CONSTANT ERROR MESSAGES THE SONY SOLUTION IS TO USE SYSTEM RESTORE AND TRY AGAIN IF THAT IS UNSUCCESSFUL MANUALLY DOWNLOAD THEM FROM THE WEBSITE I WOULD IF PMB VAIO EDITION PLUG IN 1.5.10.06510 WAS THERE COME ON SONY SORT IT OUT  :angry:

stockgrove
Visitor

So it is just not me - I have the same problem with my VPCL13M1E.  The time I have wasted "trying again"!  Come on Sony please sort this out asap.

nonswimmer
Visitor

Same problems here, I've managed to download and install the media gallery update from the Sony site and just ignore the warnings that pop up but as yet can't find the PMB download.