Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-AR71ZU disc tray wont open

SOLVED

Vaio VGN-AR71ZU disc tray wont open

Hi i have had a issue with my disc tray opening recently, I can only open it manually by using a pin to open it on the side, when i press the eject button nothing seems to happen, i get a message saying close or running programmes and then try again, and when i do the same message will keep popping up. I recently had my computer cleaned up and had antivirus installed since then it hasnt worked.

Can any one help?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi pav_modern,

I suggest, if you have not already done so, you reinstall all preinstalled drivers and utilities – just in case there is a dependency other than the utilities I have already mentioned.

Does the software eject work? Open My Computer -> right click the drive and select ‘Eject’?

Are you able to manually open the tray during the boot process before Windows has fully loaded?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi pav_modern,

I suspect that whoever cleaned up your system may have deleted some Sony Utilities that control the special function keys.

I suggest that you download and reinstall 'Setting Utility Series' and 'Original Utilities Package' from the support site for your model.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-AR71ZU/updates

This assumes that you are still running the original Vista OS. Also if there is a yellow bang against Sony Firmware Extension Parser in Device manager you will need to download and install  the SFEP Driver from the same link.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

Hi thanks for the reply but it has not solved the issue for some reason

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi pav_modern,

I suggest, if you have not already done so, you reinstall all preinstalled drivers and utilities – just in case there is a dependency other than the utilities I have already mentioned.

Does the software eject work? Open My Computer -> right click the drive and select ‘Eject’?

Are you able to manually open the tray during the boot process before Windows has fully loaded?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat