Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-AW11Z AND WINDOWS 8

profile.country.el_GR.title
geovryna
Visitor

VAIO VGN-AW11Z AND WINDOWS 8

CAN I USE WINDOWS8 WITH MY VAIO VGN-AW11Z AND HOW?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
PauloFranc
Explorer

Hi Geovryna,

I posted this a couple of days ago... you can use your VGN-AW11Z and windows 8... it will work perfectly eventually, after a little bit of patience. I'm replying to you now on the my AW11Z in the windows 8 environment.

It's great : -D

Here's my post/guide - you'll find it at the bottom of the discussion thread if you click on the link below...

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/1253168#1253168

Additionally - I want to add that also our model of VAIO has a 64bit processor installed so you can, if you wanted to, install the 64bit version of windows 8 on to it. For this to happen though, you need to install Windows 8 using a store purchased DVD installation pack (Windows 8 Pro) and choose a 'Custom - Clean Install' as opposed to the straight 'Clean Install' I walk through in my post, in the link above. You can't switch up your operating system from 32bit to 64bit using the download from windows. I used the download so I am still 32bit. I have seen a couple of posts on people who switched their operating system to 64bit and it seems it has solved a couple of 'bugs' with their graphics card. (i.e. the Netflix issue I talk about in my post - I believe this can be via the OS being 64bit instead of 32bit... the graphics card driver is a little newer I think)

I'm strongly considering re-installing windows 8 as 64bit on my AW11Z but just I am thinking on it at the moment because it basically means paying for windows 8 again lol.