Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VGN-FW48E Windows 10

alaellis8
Explorer

VAIO VGN-FW48E Windows 10

vgn-fw48e VAIO LAPTOP

for those of you who have this m/c [ now approx 8 years old,came with FREE upgrade to WIN7]

Although I AGREE that upgrading from WIN7 upg [i.e. 32bit] will NOT WORK ,if you do a clean install of 64bit vers of WIN10 PRO which I got from Microsoft as part of BETA VERS trial it happily loads and works very well.

ALAN ELLIS

6 REPLIES 6
alaellis8
Explorer

Further to my previous statement above, I have not tried but assume 64bit WIN10 HOME would also work.

ALAN ELLIS

profile.country.GB.title
mydrumkit
Explorer

what isVAIO VGN FW$*E windows !)

profile.country.GB.title
mydrumkit
Explorer

very good  M/c

Good to hear, thanks!... Have you tried to install the 32bits version first, or did you go straight to the 64bits version?

profile.country.GB.title
moraheem
New

Hi 

Regard this issue I installed win10 64bit almost 2 years ago on my machine and its work fine, little slow but fine, that's why I install new SSD hard disk to make it faster but machine keep freezing !!!!

Is there any updates for VAIO VGN-FW48E Windows 10 related win10 64bit as I have freezing problems with installing new SSD 

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @moraheem and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Sadly there doesn't seem to be any drivers available for your model

as its not supported by Sony for Windows 10.

(Did yours originally come with Vista installed?)

Have you used the official Sony upgrades on it?

(or is it just a copy of Windows 10 without all the Sony utilities / software etc)

Its probably not but I also just have to check you're sure its not a problem with the ssd installation?

cheers