Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-FZ18M Switch to Windows 7 - Help needed

profile.country.DE.title
domfnfer
New

Vaio VGN-FZ18M Switch to Windows 7 - Help needed

Hi there!
I own the notebook mentioned above and would really like to switch from glorious Windows Vista to Windows 7. I unfortunately had to realize that Sony doesn't offer any support for this move, especially with the drivers. Any reason for that??? I mean they can't expect me to just buy a new one, when mine is just working perfectly... What kind of CRM is that???
Did anyone wanted to do the same and has found out a way to properly do it without any problems?
It would be kind to get a few answers and suggestions.
Cheers!
Dom

4 REPLIES 4
ST_QP
Visitor

Hi!
Sorry I have no answers for you. I got the same problem.
After updating to W7 some integrated functions arent working anymore.
I updated some drivers, the ATI and the Realtek, but it isnt still working perfect.
I also have problems with the FN Buttons, so probs with the switch on monitor.
The webcam e.g. isnt working neither...

I posted in the german sub but would be nice if anyone has any idea.

bb.

edit// in the french one there is a issue like that I think... they posted a link to

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=fr_FR&m=VGN-NW11S_S&os=10

I didtn checked it yet but looks interesting

The FN sound is working (without display "images") but still the brightness and monitor switch and also webcam istn working.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I believe the FZ-Series Vaios work OK with Windows 7 32-bit using the original Vista Drivers and Utilities.

If you buy an UPGRADE disc I think all you need to find is a new Video Driver and you may have to reinstall the Touchpad drivers.

:wink:

ST_QP
Visitor

and what if u dont upgrade?
I think it was an upgrade but the vaio functions all disappeared.

wilko987
Visitor

Hi I have recently purchased the Fw48 E/H series and intalled 7 on it. I purchased the laptop as a media centre, but lost lots of programs in the upgrade Media+, Movie Story, Music box. I complained to the supplier, with no reply, and i have sent an email of complaint into VAIO themselves, and guess what - no reply. I have been searching the internet high and low for these downloads, but cant find them. I have a very expensive 'normal' laptop at the moment. Any ideas?