Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-NR21Z Battery Replacement

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
wilporta
Visitor

Vaio VGN-NR21Z Battery Replacement

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NR21Z and the battery life has recently reduced to about 15 minutes.  I would like to get a replacement.

a.  Sony do not seem to supply the battery VGP-BPS9/B any more; is this correct?   It would be disappointing.

b.  Other vendors seem to require BIOS and driver updates to support a new battery.  Is this always the case?

Can anyone suggest the best aproach to get a replacement main battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi wilporta,

You should be able to purchase a replacement battery from Vaio support to find the contact number click Support at the top of this page followed by Contact Us..

Then click on Vaio & computing..

Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio..

Then click Validate..

Then you should see the number to dial for Phone support..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi wilporta,

You should be able to purchase a replacement battery from Vaio support to find the contact number click Support at the top of this page followed by Contact Us..

Then click on Vaio & computing..

Enter your vaio models serial number, which you should find on the bottom of your Vaio..

Then click Validate..

Then you should see the number to dial for Phone support..

profile.country.en_GB.title
vogler
Explorer

Hi wilporta.

Did you have any luck with this? I'm in the same position and have drawn a blank with Sony so far...

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

vogler@ab65 wrote:

Hi wilporta.

Did you have any luck with this? I'm in the same position and have drawn a blank with Sony so far...

Thanks

Hi volger@ab65,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Have you contacted Vaio support.?

If so were Vaio support not able to help you..:smileyconfused: