Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGN-NR38E help

profile.country.en_GB.title
cwvyse
Visitor

Vaio VGN-NR38E help

Brought my laptop 2nd hand around 12months ago which has worked fine untill recently, now it won't start up so i F10'ed it at start up for the bio's menu...........It ask's 4 a password which i don't know, after few attempts it now requests a ' one time password '? Apparently obtainable through Sony support, could anybody tell me how cus i've checked the whole site with no luck..........Not happy at min!!! Thanx

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will have to telephone Vaio Support to obtain a BIOS unlock code.  You will also have to demonstrate legal ownership.

Go here and enter the serial numbers of your Vaio and navigate to the Out-of-Warranty telephone number (premium line 35p/min)

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/index.aspx?l=en_GB

:wink:

karad36
New

I have a Viao VGN-NR38E which does not power up fo no reason I had it for 5 years. Can anybody help? It just simply did not power up.

Kind regards

Dee

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@karad36 Welcome to the Community. :thumbsup:

There are a few reasons why your laptop may not be powering up such as the power lead or a dead battery etc..

Have a look at this from Computer Hope Here for a few things to get you started:

"Troubleshooting a laptop that does not boot can be a lot harder than a desktop because of the inability to remove hardware from the computer. Below are troubleshooting steps to help identify what is keeping your laptop from turning on.

Connect the power cable

If your laptop is only running on battery power, connect the power cable to make sure a dead battery is not the cause of the problem. Ensure the cable is correctly plugged in on both ends.

Also, if your computer is using an AC Adaptor, make sure the cable going into it and the cable comming from it are securely connected.

Disconnect from docking station

If your laptop is connected to a docking station, disconnect it to verify it is not the cause of your issue.

Remove any external peripherals

While troubleshooting this issue, disconnect any peripherals such as an external mouse or USB devices, to make sure they are not the cause of your issue.

Remove and reconnect battery

The laptop can also be in a power state preventing it from booting properly. Try disconnecting the power cable and then removing the battery from the laptop. Once done, leave both disconnected from the computer for at least a minute. After you wait, put the battery back into the computer, connect the power cable, and try turning the computer on again.

Drain the computer of electricity

Sometimes a residual net charge can keep your machine from turning on. If you would like, you can think of it as an "electricity clog." By performing the following steps, you effectively drain your computer of any electricity and start over; often resulting in it powering up.

1. Disconnect the power cable and remove the battery.
  2. Hold down the power button for no less than one minute.
  3. Without replacing the battery, plug the power cable back into the computer.
  4. Press the power button to turn on your laptop.

Note: If this process did not work for you, repeat and hold the power in for 2-3 minutes in step two.

Bad hardware

If you have gone through all of the previous sections and your laptop computer continues to not turn on, it is likely a component within the laptop has failed. We suggest contacting the manufacturer of the laptop for recommendations on how to get it repaired."

Hope this helps.