Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPC S13 Keyboard removal

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_FR.title
daherau
Visitor

Vaio VPC S13 Keyboard removal

Hi.
Following the breaking of a keyboard key, I must proceed to change my keyboard. I ordered one.
However, can not find how to remove the original keyboard on this model. Would you proceed?

The screw is there behind the HDD?

Thanks.

Ce message a été modifié par: daherau

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

For those seeking the same guidance daherau has kindly provided the position of the screws that hold the keyboard in place. Only the battery and HDD cover need to be removed to gain access to the screws.

VPCS13 keyboard removal.jpeg

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi daherau,

Try this link...

http://www.laptopkeyboard.com/Guides.php/Sony/VPC-S%20%28Black%29/VGP-S111FM/KBS37

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
daherau
Visitor

Thank you for your answer

Unfortunately, how-to on this website are a bit generic and the same in all models. On VPCS13 if we removed all the screws hull does not come and I would not force it.
It would be logical that the screw is behind the keyboard unlocks the hard drive ? I've find a vidéo on youtube but for the YB séries. I've tried but it's not the same on my S13 :smileysad:.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi daherau,

daherau wrote:

It would be logical that the screw is behind the keyboard unlocks the hard drive ?

Not having access to your particular model I can’t answer that question, but if there are screw holes on the replacement keyboard this should give you a good indication of where the corresponding screw should be.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
daherau
Visitor

I've tried to remove all screws back of my VAIO but no chance :smileysad:. Nothing come. This model is really complicated. There really is something mysterious to remove. The new keyboard does not help too much. There are screws everywhere:
You can see this keyboard here:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Clavier-Azerty-Francais-VAIO-VPC-S-148779431-Backlit-/300429515297?pt=FR_JG_Infor...

I think I need to remove the rear before the fast keyboard screws ... But how to remove the shell?

I tried calling sony but unable to get an answer without send my computer to repair service and pay... A lot more than the keyboard price... 35 USD for the keyboard,  150 for repair...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The underside of the keyboard seems to show two screw holes that would be concealed by the top keyboard cover plus one in the middle of the keyboard. You may have already removed the middle screw but now need to release the keyboard cover to access the two screws from the top of the keyboard.

As stated previously I don’t have access to this model or disassembly instructions but if you send me an email address by PM (NOT on the open forum) I will send you instructions for another model that may hopefully point you in the right direction.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
daherau
Visitor

PM :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

PM replied to...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

For those seeking the same guidance daherau has kindly provided the position of the screws that hold the keyboard in place. Only the battery and HDD cover need to be removed to gain access to the screws.

VPCS13 keyboard removal.jpeg

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
shalober
New

hi, i saw your message about keyboard. i am facing similar oroblem but you wre lucky bcz you found a keyboard but i m still looking for one. will you help in finding one or atleat direct me about the site or addess you found the keyboard, plz