Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCEA1S1E ..web cam not registering

dajurma
New

Vaio VPCEA1S1E ..web cam not registering

Hello,

Thank you for reading this message.

I have  a Sony Vaio VPCEA1S1E, windows 7 laptop and the webcam is not working.

Things I have tried:

Looking in Device Manager:

The webcam is not showing as a device, there are no error messages and right clicking on a white space does add any additional options.

Looking on the Sony website for a webcam driver.

Lots of drivers there, but could not see when saying webcam.

Restore Points

Don't use the webcam often, and there are (I have discovered ) no restore points when it was working.  Not sure when it stopped working.

Any help much appreciated. 

Best wishes,

Danny

5 REPLIES 5
dajurma
New

I would add that I do not seem to have the Arcsoft software and am releuctant to download it and pay for something I should already own.  hmmmm

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi dajurma, I know you have mentioned that you have checked in device manager are there any unknown devices listed?

There have been many posts on the subject of Web Cam not being available on this forum over the years so might be worth trying the solution offered by @rich912 one of the forum Experts to see if it helps in your case.

dajurma
New

Thank you for your reply; unfortunately (?) there are no devices marked as unknown :(. I could try deleting all the USB drivers but not sure what it would achieve.  hmmmm

johnnymerrigan
Explorer

Hi, Just wondering did you get your webcam fixed after as I am having the same problem restored my laptop to factory restore and its still not working , must be missing the correct driver but the sony website is a riddle I dont know were to find it. Any help would be appreciated thank you

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi John,

There is no Sony provided driver for the camera – it uses a Microsoft driver that is part of the operating system and under Imaging devices in Device manager it should be listed as USB2.0 Camera.

As you have carried out a factory reset and the problem persists then this could point to a hardware fault as it would appear that the drivers are installed correctly. To check that the Microsoft driver is installed and that the device is ‘reported’ as working (not disabled), right click ‘USB2.0 Camera and select properties.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat