Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VPCEB4E1E Overheating and Fan

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
coxs3003
Visitor

VAIO VPCEB4E1E Overheating and Fan

Hi All,

I have had a problem with my vaio getting particularly hot and the fan is reallyloud and working over-time. This happens when the laptop is on my laptop or on the desk. I keep the active software to a minimum and regularly clean the diskspace etc to try and improve performance but the overheating and the persistent fan is still a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi coxs3003,

I suggest you first check the temperatures with a free utility such as PC-Wizard.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard.html

If the temperatures are higher than expected you could try cleaning the air vents using a can of compressed air. These are commonly known as Air Duster and are available from computer shops and larger supermarkets.

Sometimes disassembly is required to carry out a thorough clean of the fan and vents.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi coxs3003,

I suggest you first check the temperatures with a free utility such as PC-Wizard.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard.html

If the temperatures are higher than expected you could try cleaning the air vents using a can of compressed air. These are commonly known as Air Duster and are available from computer shops and larger supermarkets.

Sometimes disassembly is required to carry out a thorough clean of the fan and vents.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stevebaile
Explorer

thanks expert for a great reply, i to have exactly the same fan issue so i followed your advice and clicked on the link I DOWNLOADED SO MUCH RUBBISH IT WAS UNTRUE LOADS OF ADS TOOLBARS LOTS OF STUFF NOT WANTED, AND WORSE STILL SOME YOU COULD NOT UNINSTALL THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF ALL THIS RUBBISH WAS TO TO SYSTEM RESTORE, SO THANKS A LOT EXPERT FOR YOUR HELP,MAYBE I CAN DO YOU A FAVOUR ONE DAY, JUST ADVICE TO ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS ISSUE DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK GIVEN IT GENERATES EVEN MORE PROBLEMS

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi stevebaile,

I’m sorry that you experienced problems with the supplied link but you must have downloaded something other than PC-Wizard. There is no adware, spyware or virus contained in the Setup or Zip (no installation) download – I have just re-downloaded and installed in order to be sure of this.

Capture.JPG

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

You obviously did not download PC-Wizard from the link provided above otherwise you would not have encountered all of those problems. The link provided in this thread by the Expert directs me to the correct web site and allowed me to download and install PC-Wizard classic Edition 2013.

wizard.JPG

I have been using PC-Wizard for many years and have never encountered any problems such as you mention.

Nice friendly first post by the way.