Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO VPCF11S1E video playback problem

digitalcut
Visitor

VAIO VPCF11S1E video playback problem

Hi there,

I've recently bought a VAIO VPCF11S1E to replace a Macbook Pro as I was fed up with the way Adobe Premiere ran on it. It runs fine with CS5 on the VAIO.

One problem I'm having though is with Sony Clipbrowser. For those of you that don't know - it's a bit of software to view Sony XDCAM EX clips with and to transfer them. I find it very useful when filming to replay the clips off the SxS cards to my client in full HD on a laptop.
This worked fine with my old Mac, all my work PCs and an ancient ACER laptop my wife now has.
But when I go full screen on the new VAIO the playback is VERY choppy, almost unwatchable.
I've tried all the settings in the NVIDIA grapics utility and also in the SONY utility and it's still the same. This machine should play back full HD no problem with the spec it has!

I tried updated drivers from NVIDIA for the GeForce 330M graphics and they are blocked from loading!

I find it very strange that a Sony VAIO cannot effectivly use a piece of Sony software!

Has anyone sucessfully loaded the newer NVIDIA drivers and how?

Phil.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Phil,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

Although not official drivers, so the choice is yours, you may find what you are looking for at LaptopVideo2Go

You will need to install a modded .inf, click the following for more info on: What is a modded INF?