Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCF23S1E/B, stuttering/lagging/looping problems

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Tassen
Visitor

Vaio VPCF23S1E/B, stuttering/lagging/looping problems

i just recently bought this laptop (Sony Vaio VPCF23S1E/B).

it's still very fresh. i've ran all the autoupdates i can find, and all the error checks. doesn't seem to be any problems, going by the info avaiable from the software.

doesn't really matter what i run on it. every few minuts or so it goes into a sort of "looping" for ½-2 seconds. especially noticeable on sound. but allso in games.

this is quite disturbing. and i hope i can get this dealt with as soon as possible. or at least know i have tried everything. i've got 7 days before it has to be fixed.

Message was edited by: Tassen

Message was edited by: Tassen now i've allso added a video of the problem with both audio and video lag. and this is not only occuring during video or audio. it's a general lagg that's occuring all the time no matter what i do, and i'm getting quite annoyed with it as well.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
peshyxp
Visitor

Most painless method to determine whether software or hardware issue is to a do a reinstall using the recovery software

Hit F10 whilst booting to launch the recovery software

If the problem still occurs after you have done a reinstall send it back under warranty assuming this is still valid since could be a number of things eg memory, hard disc, graphics card etc.

Or post here with a bit more details of the issue ie does it hang or go into a loop when you try and launch an application or software ??

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Tassen
Visitor

will not do a recovery just yet. because i currently do not like the idea of having to reinstall a lot of stuff.

the problem occurs wether i do something or not.

but havn't happened anytime when opening/closing stuff what i've noticed.

such as when i'm just listening to webradio through it. watching anime/movies, in the middle of games.

doesn't only keep to sounds. the video freezes up for a moment as well. the game laggs. even when i'm typing right now it seems to freeze up a bit and not till a second later the letters starts to show up again.

even moving the mouse pointer can seem to lag up.

i've had loads of problems in the past, but this is a new one for me.

i have yet to find any actual manually downloadable drivers to install either. just hard to find any information to begin with really.

allso, i'm not the best at remembering what would be good to write about. so the more good qestions you ask, the better the answers will get.

allso another thing i might add. is that the Vaio care center is mostly only working half the time. the rest of the time windows is searching for solutions to why it has stoped working...

and allso that i am noticing that it is for some reason getting more frequent! instead of happening every few minuts. it is currently happening at least once per minut!

i will try to make some sort of video recording or something of it. but that will currently have to wait till saturday afternoon. because everytime it happens, i'm afraid it will just up and die on me or something. it sounds absolutly horrendous.