Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCY11M1E Parts and HELPPPP!!! PLEASE!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
Mymaholo
Visitor

Vaio VPCY11M1E Parts and HELPPPP!!! PLEASE!

Hi,

I am in Desperate need of some help. I am about to go on my third walk, just to get away from it.

Basically, somebody tried to rob my Vaio VPCY11M1E out of my backpack while it was on my back, They did not succeed, but it did however fall, and broke the DC socket side of the laptop.

I was looking for PCG-41112M parts for ages, but have since found out, that is some other number.

The laptop worked fine for a while after, and i had glued the DC socket where it cracked, soon enough, the glue gave away, and now i can't charge the laptop.

Sorry for the long winded post.

I am now trying to open the laptop and it's stuck where the VGA and HDMI ports are, i don't want to force it open.

Is there anywhere i can buy a replacement base for this model? Also, is there a Service manual i can view/Download anywhere.

I have searched everywhere on the internet, and have found one place that sells the base, but WAY to expensive, and they have none in stock.

Here are some pictures of where the DC socket has broken. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP, I NEED A SERVICE MANUAL. Thanks for reading.

Message was edited by: Mymaholo

Message was edited by: Mymaholo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mymaholo,

I’m sorry to say that obtaining genuine spare parts for any Vaio is difficult unless you arrange a repair via one of the Sony repair partners.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

As far as I am aware they will not ‘supply only’ parts.

Do you by any chance have home contents insurance that covers items damaged when away from home? Is so the repair cost should be covered by that policy.

Can’t help with a service manual.:smileysad:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mymaholo,

I’m sorry to say that obtaining genuine spare parts for any Vaio is difficult unless you arrange a repair via one of the Sony repair partners.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

As far as I am aware they will not ‘supply only’ parts.

Do you by any chance have home contents insurance that covers items damaged when away from home? Is so the repair cost should be covered by that policy.

Can’t help with a service manual.:smileysad:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat