Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Z and Adobe Premiere Pro

profile.country.en_GB.title
jedaabe
Visitor

Vaio Z and Adobe Premiere Pro

Back in 2005 we got a Vaio VGN-T27GP that mainly has been used when travelling. We are now looking at a replacement, neither too big nor heavy, that works well with Adobe CS6 software. The new 13.3” Vaio Z would be an excellent choice for Photoshop and some other CS6 applications. However, the external graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7670M in the PMD does unfortunately not accelerate Premiere Pro CS6 (graphics card not Adobe Mercury compatible).  It is disappointing as other Vaio Z specs seem to fit Premiere Pro requirements very well.

Does anybody know if it is possible to replace the graphics card in the PMD with a Mercury compatible graphics card or is there an alternative PMD available with such a card?

2 REPLIES 2
warriorfullight
Visitor

I am also into photography and been using a Vaio Z laptop. I have tried Photoshop and it works great, though I haven't tried it with Premiere Pro. As far as I can say, I think it will work just fine. I will try it later.

jedaabe
Visitor

Thankyou for your reply. I mainly use  video from a Canon 5DII. Based on experience from my desktop GPU acceleration makes a big difference. Before I put in an Adobe Mercury Engine compatible graphics card editing was very slow whereas now there is no delay. Neither the built-in Intel HD 4000 in the Vaio Z nor the external PMD Radeon card  will accelerate Premiere Pro. According to the Adobe website the Mercury compatible cards are mostly from nvidia (a copuple of Radeon cards are supported in certain Macs). I shall be very interested in learning how well your Vaio Z responds running Premiere Pro with H264 videos.