Join now - be part of our community!

Vertical Lines Help!

profile.country.GB.title
anatsal
New

Vertical Lines Help!

All of the sudden vertical lines appeared on the screen of my vaio. Any suggestions or help?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tzoyia ,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

What model Vaio do you have.?

Try connecting your Vaio to an external monitor, do you still have the same problem.?

Do you get the same lines when in safe mode.?

To enter safe mode restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F8 key repeatedly..

Do you get the same problem in the BIOS

To enter the BIOS restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F2 key repeatedly..

To exit the BIOS press F9 to reset the BIOS to default and press F10 to save and exit..

profile.country.GB.title
anatsal
New

Thanks for the quick response. The vertical lines are on safe mode as well. My biggest problem is that I purchased the laptop in Athens, Greece but I currently live in Norwich England where I study. If I was in Greece I could take the laptop back to the store to fix it(I bought it a few weeks ago). Any more suggestions?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi tzoyia,

Even thought you purchased your vaio in Greece you can still contact vaio support for assistance.. :wink:

To find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list.

Then next to Select Model

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch