Join now - be part of our community!

very strange sound/noise

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
LucasKarp
Visitor

very strange sound/noise

Hi All

My computer is making very weird sound, it's almost impossible to describe it, so listen yourself

http://youtu.be/MpkBRNesFHU

is used to happen before, but form time to time. Since then I had fan replaced (overheating problem) and service did some BIOS check.

I restored the system to out-of-the box settings to make sure this is not any software issue, and still.

It doesn't seem it's a mechanical issue(hard drive etc)

On top of that computer freezes, starts up for ages, shuts down for ages, just super powerful (customized), useless machine.

Please let me know if you've seen something like that before, or should I send it straight to service - 2 moths warranty left...

May Thanks

Lucas

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Lucas,

It is difficult to tell from your video but it sounds like a shorting sound transmitted through the speakers.

If this also happens when playing music through the notebook speakers with no peripheral attached (no external screen, external drive etc.) then I suggest you contact Support. You could also see whether this also happens on battery only which would eliminate a problem with the power adaptor. The more information and troubleshooting rusults you can give to Support the better.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Lucas,

It is difficult to tell from your video but it sounds like a shorting sound transmitted through the speakers.

If this also happens when playing music through the notebook speakers with no peripheral attached (no external screen, external drive etc.) then I suggest you contact Support. You could also see whether this also happens on battery only which would eliminate a problem with the power adaptor. The more information and troubleshooting rusults you can give to Support the better.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat