Join now - be part of our community!

VGC LA1 Ugrade from XP to Windows resulting in lost Drivers and memory partitioning

profile.country.en_GB.title
jules28463
Visitor

VGC LA1 Ugrade from XP to Windows resulting in lost Drivers and memory partitioning

Dear Sirs Computer Details

VGC LA1

Serial no  28246450 5000739

Prod No    FQ7BH T3Y6K CM438 VQK6H J9MMW

Windows XP 05 Sony VAIO XP to Window 7 Upgrade issues.

I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 on my all in one VAIO desktop with TV/ media player BUT under the device manager indicates yellow triangles appear by Other devices

Mass storage controller

Multi media Controller.

My tv / recording facility does not work and the c drive is low on memory due to the repartitioning of the hardrive. Drivers not installed.

I followed the update driver instruction but they could not be located on web or vaio link and I was instructed to device manufacturer. Checked Sony website but frankly lost the will to live. I think I need the original Pre loaded Generic Factory Operating system software. I cannot locate the original discs that came with the machine. Could anyone assist or direct me to copies of the ‘reload discs’ so I can reinstall and upload the full o/s system for all drivers. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sony do not support Windows 7 on your model.

If you did not make a set of Recovery Discs when you first bought your Vaio, you will have to contact Vaio Support and buy a replacement set.

1. Go here and enter your Serial Number on the left

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/index.aspx?m=0&l=en_GB

2. Click on 'Get in Touch'

3. Click on 'click here for further contact options' near the bottom of the page

4. Click on 'Phone Support' and you will see the contact details for the premium phoneline.

:wink:

profile.country.es_ES.title
andreusalva
Visitor

Hello,

I installed Windows Xp Professional and we don´t have windows media center. Is possible to see TV with another program, like Avermedia TV Tuner?

Thanks