Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-LV1S Bios access problem

foxysteven
Visitor

VGC-LV1S Bios access problem

Ok so from what I've gathered to date the LV1S seems like a decent reliable system which may be partly due to the fact that you can't actually access the advanced BIOS configuration, for some this may be a blessing but for me, not so. I need to access these settings in order to configure for a new OS yet the settings appear limited, anyone noticed this and if so have you managed to get passed it. Also any ideas on motherboard on this system Sony aint exactly forth coming with this information.

Cheers in advance guys

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi foxysteven and welcome.

The motherboard will be custom Sony and the BIOS will also be custom and locked so you are stuck with the Sony produced BIOS versions.

You don't say what you want to configure - if it is VT then Sony have said they will produce a BIOS update for Win7 but not until the final release becomes available. Of course only the expensive business and ultimate versions of Win7 will support virtual XP.

:thinking:

foxysteven
Visitor

Im trying to dual boot my system with a second hard drive and OS but the second one won't install until I manage to configure some of the advanced BIOS settings

Im sure the BIOS could be flashed to unlock the settings tho????

What you think?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Flashed with what?

:thinking:

foxysteven
Visitor

s/w for the Bios that isn't locked out, the motherboard and bios will be standard issue loaded with s/w specifically for sony machines, so I'm sure that the bios will be able to be flashed with either a downgrade without custom lock or upgraded with full access. The settings will be there its just there not accessible??????