Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-LV1S Brightness control

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilberforcep
Visitor

VGC-LV1S Brightness control

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my VGC-LV1S to Windows 7. I'm not sure whether this has affected the controls on the side of the display, as when I press the menu button, there are not many entries. I want to be able to adjust the screen brightness without using the original Sony keyboard, as I would like to replace it. Does anyone know if this is possible? Most replacement keyboards do not have the Sony "Fn" button, which can be used to control brightness with the F5 and F6 keys. Should there be brightness controls in the display side menu?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer not to buy a Sony keyboard, because they are too expensive.

Will

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Will,

I would expect the on screen display (OSD) to allow you to change screen brightness but I don't have your model and cannot check.  Certainly it must allow a brightness change when using HDMI In.

This works for me - but unfortunately not for some.  Not for everyone because it depends on your graphics driver but see if it works for you: -

To change the display brightness on a laptop

• Open Power Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then clicking Power Options
  • Move the slider next to Screen brightness at the bottom of the screen. The brightness changes automatically.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilberforcep
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo,

Unfortunately that hasn't helped. The model is an all-in-one unit, with controls on the side that don't seem to do anything much. I have tried to replace all drivers after installing Windows 7, but with no success. The Function keys on the original keyboard work to change the brightness, but I don't use the original keyboard, and most replacement keyboards don't come with Sony's "Fn" key.

Will