Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-LV1S / Windows 10

micdavie89
Explorer

VGC-LV1S / Windows 10

I am tempted to go to windows 10 but i would like to know if any friend out there had any probs. doing this.  Any info would be of interest / help to me.....or other people thinking of going to 10 as well

Thaks.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

What OS are you running at the moment?

I believe your model is 2009 and the offiicial word from Sony is:

"Please note that Sony will not be providing Windows 10 support for VAIO computers manufactured before 2011, which were sold with versions of Windows preceding Windows 7 Service Pack 1 as the pre-installed operating system."

Have a look at This Page

I do know some people have had driver problems after attempting the Windows 10 upgrade (in general - not specifically your model)  - various threads can be found on this site, just search Windows 10.

If you do decide to give it a go then Sony's advice is really important:

"If you decide to proceed with the upgrade, make sure to backup your data and to create recovery media for your system before you start"

I am currently using  a non Sony machine that is fully supported for Windows 10 and I still had problems upgrading, then when it eventually did and I decided I preferred Windows 7 after 20 minutes, it wouldnt let me downgrade lol I'm sticking with it as I'm too lazy to backup all my files and wipe the machine to start again.

Hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
lkbs01
New

Hi, I realise your post was some years ago now, but I am wondering if you were able to successfully put Windows 10 on our Sony VGC LV-1S?

Thanks