Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-M1 Flip keyboard

hginandon
Visitor

VGC-M1 Flip keyboard

How does it work. It says flip the keyboard up and you have Hi-Fi function...or you can view the time and date and set an timer...
But nowhere, not in the hardware or software guides do I find how this works.
At first, the wallpaper was the same as usual and I had the Hi-Fi. Then, for some reason unknown to me I suddenly had the black screen and the time and date and no more Hi-Fi.

Where can I find out how to use this feature?

13 REPLIES 13
HIFI
Visitor

I CAN NOW SWITCH THE MUSIC ON & OFF BUT ARTIST OR TRACK ARE NOT DISPLAYED ALSO I CANNOT CHANGE THE MUSIC WITH THE FLIP KEYBOARD UP.

ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS.

hginandon
Visitor

When you flip the keyboard up, wait about 5 seconds...a little square with 4 dots appears in the upper middle of the visable screen. Click it! the hourglass will appear. When th hourglass goes away, you will have a long row of dots across the entire visable screen. Run the cursor across the dots...and across the entire area. You can click and change everything.

If it doesn't work that way, try turning the keyboard setting off and then on again.

Hope it helps...mine is now working very well. You do have to wait 5 to 10 seconds until it appears on the screen.

HIFI
Visitor

DISPLAY NOW WORKING CORRECTLY, I HAD COPIED SOME CD'S ONTO THE HARD DISK USING "SONICSTAGE" I ENTERED THE ARTIST , ALBUM, ETC AND I ALSO DELETED SOME OF THE PRE-LOADED ONES, BUT IT APPEARS TO HAVE AFFECTED THE HIFI DISPLAY, I HAVE DELETED THE TRACKS AND REINSTALLED THE PRELOADED ONES AND ALL APPERS WELL.

THEREFORE BE CAREFUL WHEN ADDING/DELETING TRACKS ON "SONICSTAGE" AS IT MAY EFFECT THE HIFI DISPLAY.

phil42a
Visitor

Hi, sorry to disturb you with a new item, I have just received my new VGC M1 and surprisingly, the cooling fan does not appear to stop when the system is in stand-by mode (and stand-by mode only;at the moment it has been in this mode for over 1 hour now and fan is still operating in idle speed). Does your unit behave this way ?