Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-V3M IR remote stopped working but IR keyboard and mouse still work. Any ideas?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Gelafry
Visitor

VGC-V3M IR remote stopped working but IR keyboard and mouse still work. Any ideas?

VGC- V3M IR remote has stopped working but the IR keyboard and mouse still work. I've bought a new remote but this doesn't work either. Is there a fix for this?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Is the Remote Commander software utility running?

Go to 'C:\Program Files\Sony\Vaio Zone Remote Commander' and try running the AvRmtCtr.exe by double clicking on it.

:thinking:

Gelafry
Visitor

Thanks for this but I don't seem to have a file 'AvRmtCtr.exe' in that folder. All I have there are the following files -

AvRmtCtr (it's grey coloured and nothing happens when I double click it), AvRmtRes.DLL, Frn.dll, and Version.

If I'm missing a file can I download one from somewhere?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I imagine it willbe part of your Original Utilities Package which you can download from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGC-V3M

Or you may find Utils.exe already on your Vaio - probably in C:\Utils - and you can try running Utils.exe.

:thinking:

Gelafry
Visitor

Hi Blencogo, I really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to look at this. Unfortunately I don't have that file in my original utilities folder (Utils) so I downloaded v.3 from the link you provided and ran that. I'm afraid that has had no effect. I have noticed however that there is no Infra Red option in my device manager - could this be something to do with it? Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Gelafry,

Yes!! It is beginning to sound like a hardware failure of the:smileysad: receiver.

nnamdiikenna
Explorer

Can someone help please! My VAIO VGC-V3M infrared device is not working, my remote wont work on it.  i can't even find it in the device manager. i did a fresh install of Windows 7 yet same problem, i then re-install windows Xp still the same problem. please help me solve this and i will be grateful.