Join now - be part of our community!

VGN - A517B Keyboard layout

hybrid
Visitor

VGN - A517B Keyboard layout

Hello,

I've searched myself silly on this but no answer.

I live in Belgiumand I have a VGN - A517B

I noticed that the keyboardlayout doesn't match the output.

AZERTY layout it is but some keys don't give the result like it should.
Most keys are correct but there are some that are wrong.

The output is as of the normal AZERTY Belgium (POINT) layout but since the keyboard has another layout i presume that it should give thel instead.

I'm pretty sure that it's going to be one of those "this will happen only once errors" but them again one that you need to know 😉

thx in advance

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You need to go into control panel > regional settings and change the setting to Belgian and your language, whether it's Flemish, French or German

hybrid
Visitor

well, i did that but still wrong layout

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have a look at this GUIDE to keyboards and see if you can identify your layout. Then as Kee-Lo suggested, it is a matter of selecting that layout in the settings.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
hybrid
Visitor

thx for the keyboard layouts Rich912 , seems to me that the store where I bought my vaio "forgot" to tell me that it's a French machine...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Ahhh, that would explain why you were having difficulties! Have you managed to sort it out?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You have to be careful in countries like Switzerland and Belgium, as they speak 4-5 languages and so have different layouts, so do ask before buying

hybrid
Visitor

Indeed, that was the last thing that i've looked at since ALL systems that i have buyed until now where all azerty but not frenchy :wink:

I resolved the layout but only when i'm logged in.
The system boots with qwerty layout, so i have to type my password keeping in mind that it's qwerty. Luckely for me i have a past with my ancient commodore 64 :smileygrin: but stil a pain.

I guess I can change the default windows keyboard layout somewhere.

But still...

Sony choses to save money and sell the same systems as in France with the Netherlands software.