Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AR series Nvidia driver and recovery discs please

profile.country.GB.title
bigmovies
Explorer

VGN-AR series Nvidia driver and recovery discs please

VGN-AR 21M  with all the options including TV tuner-- HDD was wiped and W7 installed with the necessary  SATA driver inserted first BUT it has been impossible to find drivers for the proprietary hardware and the W7 drivers do not work properly.

FINALLY I have found the Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 driver that works and gives 1440 x 900 resolution:  

https://www.driverscape.com/download/nvidia-geforce-go-7600       (choose your system/bits)

I would LOVE to restore this laptop to its original state, but out of the box the recovery partition was hidden, it did not come with recovery discs, and if anyone actually made recovery DVDs, they probably threw them away or lost them.  IF anyone has recovery discs or a partition please let me know. 

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
bigmovies
Explorer

Oh, 2 GB ram installed and working.

profile.country.GB.title
bigmovies
Explorer

Profound and sincere thanks to Blencogo, the discs arrived.

But, as we expected, it will not recover to my older laptop. With your permission, Blencogo, I would like to upload these to internetarchiveorg as there is nothing there for our old laptops.

Where I am now, is a cleanly booting and functioning SSD, 3GB of Ram available of the 4 installed, W7 with all of the AR drivers and utilities that did not conflict (noted in a previous post). 

I did succeed in forcing the ALPS touchpad driver (though W7 reports an incompatibility, it works) and gained horizontal and vertical scrolling. AND, from a random source, a Toshiba Avermedia tuner driver which works and gives access to the tuner (in Media Center software) BUT the tuner does not "see" any stations (in Spain at least). I guess the digital broadcast system has changed. So that is a wash.

Neither did I have any success with the camera driver, it seems to be totally incompatible with W7.

Result, I guess, is as good as I can get, unless I buy a floppy drive, copy the SATA driver to floppy, and install XP or Vista, and then all of the AR drivers........ which I will probably try this summer.

Again, thank you Blencogo, for help above and beyond. 

profile.country.GB.title
bigmovies
Explorer

The VGN-AR31 Recovery discs are now uploaded to archive.org, disc 2 has all the drivers and utilities separate so they can be used on other models. Many of those will work in W7, they have not been tested in later versions. There they are and best of luck. And again, profound thanks to Blencogo for resurrecting the recovery discs.

https://archive.org/details/disc-1_202207