Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AR11S Blu ray drive problem

profile.country.GB.title
jackzelouf
Explorer

VGN-AR11S Blu ray drive problem

Hi,

I would be really grateful if someone could help me out with a big problem I am having with my blu ray drive.

I have a vgn-ar11s(uk version), which has been upgraded to windows vista. A couple of weeks ago the blu ray drive(matshita bd-mlt uj-210s) stopped reading discs. I uninstalled the driver from device manager and now every time I start windows it finds the drive, and says it needs to install the firmware.
It then searches for the firmware, and after about 5 minutes, it says that it can’t locate the driver software. I have tried to manually install drivers 1.03 and 1.06 from the vaio UK update site, but when the f/w loader runs, it always says f/w loader does not apply to the DVD/cd rom drive.
I am guessing that I need the original driver installed first, but I cannot find this anywhere. Please could someone help me!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jackzelouf,

If you look in Device Manager does it show an error (!) against your Matshita drive?

If so can you give us the "Error Code" quoted (e.g. Error 39)

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
jackzelouf
Explorer

Hi,

There is no error shown against the device.

I have also uploaded a screenshot of what it says when i double click on the driver.

profile.country.GB.title
jackzelouf
Explorer

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm not sure of the answer.

I have the same drive and I am using Windows 7 and the drive appears to use mainly generic Windows drivers. Under 'Driver Details' it gives the supplier of the drivers as "B H A Corporation" - see what you can get from Google???
-

profile.country.GB.title
jackzelouf
Explorer

I couln't find anyhting on google.

Would you be able to send me the orinal driver file which came with the pc.

I think it was version 1.01. They used to have it on sony's site, but it is not there anymore.

Any help would be much appreciated.