Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AR31S & Remote Control RM-MCE20E

jinkostas
Visitor

VGN-AR31S & Remote Control RM-MCE20E

Hello

I upgraded to Vista ultimate on my AR31S a few days ago..
The laptop came with a remote control which i didn't test it before with vista home premium...
How do we use the remote control? with which programs??

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there

Its mainly for Windows Media Centre.

If you press the 'start' key that should open up media centre.

I haven't tried it wth the other apps yet eg Windvd but I'm assuming it works with that also

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Hi there

Its mainly for Windows Media Centre.

If you press the 'start' key that should open up media centre.

I haven't tried it wth the other apps yet eg Windvd but I'm assuming it works with that also

OK Jumpy, I blame you. Your reply prompted me to fiddle with my remote on the same machine and I lost AOL. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling – repeatedly - as well as system restore and then recovery. No joy. AOL want to blame it on the floods in Sheffield despite the fact I am 200 miles away and can connect on the old machine with XP as opposed to the new one with vista. Then got a sob story that they can’t access their own data bases to help me. Is it me? :thinking: (It usually is. :smileygrin: )

Edit: Oops - no hijack intended, just a follow on from the remote problem. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I'd drop AOL like a stone in the ocean...

They're always unrealiable and not very helpful, though they market themselves to non-technical users.

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

they market themselves to non-technical users.

C’est moi. :smileygrin:

thomasvanveen
Visitor

Hi,

I had the same problem with the same PC/remote control. I think i have a solution for your problem. Simply open your Media Center from the start menu, and than reconfigure it with the Media Center Setup Application. After resetting Media Center, close it, and try to start it again with the green button on your remote control.

After doing that, it works fine.

Best wishes,
Tom